Singapore Institute of Legal Education
About the job
This is an opportunity to play a key role in the professional training of lawyers. Working as part of the Institute’s legal secretariat, your primary duties will be to manage the curricular aspects of the postgraduate programmes i.e., the Part A and Part B Bar Courses and Exams, and Foreign Practitioner Exams, legal aspects of the new bar admission process, and the new practice training framework. You will also be involved in other initiatives and projects.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role include:
- Establishing and reviewing policies and guidelines governing the professional training of lawyers
- Working with subject matter experts to manage the curricular aspects of the Part A and Part B Bar Courses and Exams
- Researching and understanding the relevant best practices in other leading jurisdictions
- Establishing and sustaining relationships and partnerships with key partners and agencies for the professional training of lawyers
- Surveying technology (including educational technology) for adoption by the Institute
- Collaborating with other stakeholders to improve the overall professional education and training experience for the profession
- Ensuring an assessment and monitoring system is in place to evaluate the courses, tutors and training contracts, and to obtain feedback from stakeholders.
Depending on the qualifications and experience of the candidate under consideration, this position is pegged at Assistant / Deputy / Director level.