The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About The Job
To provide your IKEA Store with communication expertise, materials and tools that drive positive perception of the IKEA Brand among co-workers, corporate stakeholders and the community in which we operate (our Primary Market Area.) The Marketing and Communication functions support our business aspiration: to be a great place to work, delivering sustainable growth and a fantastic customer experience. This function helps drive results in VOICE, IKEA Customer Satisfaction Survey and Brand Capital.
- Research and maintain intimate knowledge of peoples life at home and local market conditions to identify growth, positioning and segmentation strategies with a view to increase visitation and repeat visitation, penetrate more households and overall expand our PMA home furnishing market share.
- Create the store’s annual marketing plan and strategy (including corporate and internal communication) based on the country and store commercial priorities and market/consumer & community insights – with clear goals and objectives. Manage the budget, secure alignment between internal and external communication activities, measure all marketing metrics, identify cost efficiencies and follow up all marketing investments.
- Recruit, activate and retain IKEA Family and småles members through an intimate understanding of the market and members (i.e. Brand Capital, membership profile, purchase behaviour, relevant KPIs) and execute actions that increase penetration, member engagement and return on investment for the member programs.
- Lead the work to create, implement and evaluate all local marketing activities in store and (if relevant) in the adjacent shopping centre. This includes regional/local competitions, kids’ activities and workshops in order to make the store a fun day out for the family as well as supporting the More Sustainable Life at Home movement by driving integration of sustainability into the store commercial activities to inspire and enable our customers to live a more sustainable life.
- Support catalogue distribution, execution of store PR events, media launches, media interviews and other media engagement to communicate our total offer – online and offline – in ways that secure IKEA Brand values, visual and copy identity and concept guidelines. Work closely with SO Marketing and Corporate Communication to align on external communication when required.
- Oversee internal communication channels – from digital signage and Yammer to notice boards and newsletter – to ensure a steady flow of communication and secure open atmosphere, keeping co-workers well informed, engaged and connected to store priorities and management.
- Working with HR and L&D to creatively communicate all benefits, workplace programmes and engagement activities that make IKEA stand out as a Great Place to Work. Amplify externally as needed to support recruitment and build our employer brand. Support in the preparation of the sustainability L&D programme with local relevance and responsible for the execution with store HR.
- Deliver local communication support during operational or reputational crisis situations, working with matrix with SO Corporate Communication, Marketing, Risk and your management team to deliver aligned internal communication.
- Support store team and secure implementation of the Ikano Charity policy by building long-term relationships with government agencies, NGOs or other partners and leading execution of social and environmental initiatives that benefit the local community/create co-worker engagement. Communicate sustainability actions to position IKEA as a great place to work and caring company that supports the local community in which it operates.
- Understanding & affinity for IKEA vision and values
- Curious about consumers, markets and trends
- Interest in developing the IKEA Brand and business through people
- Working in a fast-paced retail environment, exceeding team and personal goals
- Passion about people, home furnishing and life at home Passionate about communication at large and its power to influence and achieve business results
- Enthusiastic and motivated to engage the co-worker and bring out the best in them to embrace sustainability within the organisation
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal. Ability to create and present communication insights which are clear, focused and easily usable. Networking, people analytical and relationship skill
- Strategic and creative thinking skills – able to think ‘out of the box’ and challenge common ways of thinking
- Multi-tasking & project management skills
Please apply by 29-JUL-2022.