NSW Department of Customer Service
About the job
Manager, Community and Events Engagement
Stakeholder and Community Engagement Team
12 month temporary Opportunity
- Apply relevant new techniques to manage the delivery of stakeholder and community engagement
- Develop and Maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Grade 11/12 opportunity based at Sydney Mckell with an opportunity for potential future ongoing or extension
- Flexibility to allow working from home some days per week
About The Team
Our award-winning Stakeholder and Community Engagement team is looking for an experienced Community and Events Engagement Manager to lead a team in the development, coordination and delivery of effective stakeholder and community engagement for the organisation, with a strong focus on events and physical points of presence in the community, as well as COVID-19 communications to business
About The Role
You will lead, motivate and manage a team in the development, coordination and delivery of an ongoing program of community engagement and events to actively engage stakeholders and customers across government and the community, to support and promote the work of the organisation
Some Of Your Key Responsibilities Include
- Provide strategic advice to key stakeholders to clearly articulate their community and events engagement aims and goals, and enhance their understanding of the work of the business unit
- Prepare community and events engagement plans that map relevant stakeholders, communications activities, audiences, channels, timelines and key messages to support organisational initiatives
- Clearly identify risks through engagement and communications plans, and identify and implement as required mitigation strategies to address and minimise these risks
- Facilitate engagement and consultation with key senior stakeholders, business partners and other stakeholders, providing strategic advice and guidance on the delivery of community engagement and events and ensure effective, engaging and targeted events strategies
- Lead the planning and coordination of logistical events delivery including identification of appropriate venues and events collateral, and that they are costed and resourced appropriately
Key Skills And Experience To Be Successful
- Tertiary qualification and/or experience in relevant field and/or relevant work experience.
- Excellent communication skills with both internal and external parties.
- Experience collaborating with subject matter experts to develop timely responses.
- High level attention to detail, organisation and prioritisation.