About the job
Corporate – Legal and Compliance
In support of Prudential’s 1HR Operating Model that strives to enhance how we deliver on our HR commitments, enable enterprise transformation, and drive value to the business, the team will continue to leverage our HR Operations and Employee Relations teams to centralize work and expertise, create organizational efficiencies and optimize HR Business Partner (HRBP) & manager efforts.
In line with this approach, we have shifted some accountabilities from HRBPs to Employee Relations and seek a Managers, Employee Relations, to focus on managing organizational changes, specifically those that result in position eliminations. Position will be available in any location/remote.
• You will consult Business leader(s) regarding the drivers for the reorganization and the selection of positions to be eliminated and assist with drafting the business case. This includes, but is not limited to: gathering employee data, identifying assessment criteria and assisting the business in making the selection process.
• You will develop communications strategy and plan for employees being separated as a result of their positions being eliminated which may include but is not limited to drafting talking points for employees, leaders and managers of people.
• You will work closely with HR Operations to request and review for accuracy all separation documents, including Age Discrimination in Employment Act schedules, if applicable.
• You will coordinate all logistics regarding the notifications of employees being separated, which includes working with various corporate partners such as Global Security, Behavioral Health, and Information Security.
• You will conduct pre-notifications and notifications of termination including the delivery of all separation documents to the impacted employees.
• You will debrief HRBP(s), Leader(s) and any other stakeholders after notifications are complete.
• You will assist the ER COE Case Management Unit in conducting investigations and/or handling performance management cases, as needed
• You will handle or participate in other ER COE projects and initiatives, as needed.
What we are looking for in your background
• BA/BS from an accredited college/university preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of professional work experience in human resources.
• Working knowledge of ER disciplines preferred: including performance management, discipline, conducting internal investigations, conducting climate assessments, knowledge of employment laws.
• Proven and strong collaboration skills with key partners and stakeholders, including HR Operations, HR, and Legal.
• Ability to prioritize, work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple initiatives at one time and deliver commitments on a timely basis.
• Demonstrated attention to detail, follow-through, drive for results and initiative with the ability to bring issues to closure.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Project management skills.
• Ability to work both independently and within the team.
• Good business acumen.
• Prior experience handling job eliminations preferred.
• Strong technical skills including proficiency with MS Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), familiarity with HR Systems such as Workday is a plus.
Note: Prudential is required by Colorado law to include the salary range for this role when hiring a Colorado resident.
Salary range specific to Colorado: $98,000-$139,200 + discretionary incentive bonus + benefits. Eligibility to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential’s businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.