University of Newcastle
About the job
The University of Newcastle is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Full time permanent opportunity based in Newcastle
- Drive strategic leadership of international student enrolments
- Create a position of change for improvement
Be challenged and imagine with us
As the Manager of International Admissions, you will provide strategic leadership for the international admissions team. It is your responsibility to support the recruitment of international students and achieve strategic targets by managing the student journey, from enquiry to enrolment. You will be navigating a very strict regulatory environment, where you will be asked to find opportunities to expand, extend and enhance the student experience. You will draw on your strong communication and leaderships skills to liaise with stakeholders both internal and external, delivering high quality client-focused services with a focus on expanding the University’s position as a lead study destination for students from across the globe. You will have 2 Team Leaders reporting directly into you with 10 further indirect reports.
This is a permanent, full-time position and is located at the Callaghan Campus.
How will you inspire us?
With a well-rounded understanding of the international sector and success in managing complex initiatives will see you excel in this role.
You will have:
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve – finding solutions should be your modus operandi
- A strong focus on compliance and ability to innovate within a highly regulated environment
- A natural ability to strategically sell and formally present to groups of people to continue to drive international student enrolment
- Experience in partnering and communicating with cross-cultural stakeholders
- Knowledge of the regulatory and accreditation environment surrounding Higher Education in Australia including TEQSA, the AQF, SSVF, the ESOS framework and National Code, industry accreditation requirements and admissions policies/standards
- Exceptional customer service experience
- It’s preferred if you speak a foreign language or have experience in working internationally
Look to the future
Through the Global Engagement and Partnerships Strategy, the division develops partnerships with like-minded institutions and industry to drive high quality research and world-class education, and deeply engages an integrated global community of alumni and friends.
Global Office works collaboratively to position the University as a lead study destination for students from across the globe. The Global Office lead international student recruitment efforts, international student and global mobility and facilitate sustainable institutional collaborations and partnerships which enhance the University’s international engagement across the spectrum.
The University of Newcastle stands as a global leader distinguished by a commitment to equity and excellence. Our vision is to be a world-leading University for our regions and creating a better future for our regions and the globe. Underpinned by this vision are our values of excellence, equity, engagement and sustainability.
Conditions & Benefits
HEW Level 8 – $102,667 to $119,778 plus 17% superannuation
Let’s create this future together. Here’s how to join:
Your application must include (in a single document, PDF preferred):
- A cover letter outlining your motivation to apply for the position
- A statement addressing the selection criteria found on the Position Description – linked on the advert on our website. You’ll be redirected there when you hit apply (4 pages max)
- Your CV with contact details for three relevant referees.