About the job
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works ). We’re backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we’re all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor . If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How We Work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a positive impact in the global employment space as a Manager, Onboarding Operations APAC, joining our Onboarding team.
In this role, you’ll manage a high volume, high impact, regional Onboarding Operations team, that is customer-facing and directly responsible for the onboarding of our Clients’ employees. To be successful in this role you must be a driven people-leader and have extensive experience in scaling operations while achieving high quality.
You will be reporting to Director, Onboarding Operations
- Minimum 3 years people management experience, leading high-volume operational teams.
- Strong sense of ownership. Accountable for the performance of your team, and to drive improvement while living Remote’s values.
- Calm under pressure and able to hold difficult conversations.
- Decision maker. Uses data to drive decision making and escalates where appropriate.
- Team orientated, builds trust with direct reports and empowers them to do their best work.
- Pragmatic and flexible approach to challenges, able to iterate and think strategically.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment, ideally within a startup company.
- Excited by the constant change and growth working in a startup company brings.
- Team player, ready to support colleagues when needed.
- Writes and speaks fluent English.
Nice to have:
- Fluent in multiple languages.
- Experience working remotely.
- International people operations experience.
- Responsible for the leadership of a team of APAC Onboarding Operations Specialists (direct line management).
- Responsible and accountable for the performance of the APAC Onboarding Operations Specialists reporting into you, ensuring the highest quality standards, and that targets are met.
- People management: Motivate your team, hold difficult conversations, resolve conflicts, conduct performance reviews, provide input into discussions around individual performance.
- Act as escalation point for Onboarding challenges arising within APAC, working cross functionally to ensure solutions are found and improvements implemented. Escalate to leadership where required.
- Work collaboratively with Managers within your region, and across others, to instigate and push forward operational change projects.
- Utilise data to drive decision making and to track your team’s performance. Produce regular reports for Onboarding Operations APAC
- leadership, along with recommendations for alignment with our strategic goals.
- Continuously identify and implement improvements to our processes, and the customer experience, working collaboratively across teams.
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
You can learn more about the benefits we’re offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page .
- You’ll report to: Director of Onboarding and Mobility
- Team: Operations – Onboarding & Mobility
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- (async) Small challenge
- (async) Challenge Review
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- Interview with executive
- Prior employment verification check(s)
- (async) Offer