This role has a heavy planning and coordination focus, to ensure that all planned Sports Event Procurement consultancy activities are delivered to a high standard.
- Day to day liaison with Sports Hub on sports event procurement initiatives, including spending sufficient time at Sports Hub to satisfy client requirements.
- Sports Hub committed services: Deliver Sportfive’s Sports Hub obligations as laid out in the Singapore Sports Hub and Leisure Infrastructure PPP Schedule 9 Services Specification Part A (I) and Part A (II) (Consultant) contract . Obligations would include – weekly Partners’ meeting, monthly performance report, SEAP Implementation Committee meetings, annual SEAP report containing the 5 year target event calendar and maintaining Sportfive’s ISO 9001:2015 certification
- Consult across a variety of projects; understand issues, develop compelling business cases to overcome challenges
- Deliver / analyse research; assimilate and present information and statistics in a compelling and innovative way.
- Contribute to pitching for new business and reporting on the effectiveness of current sponsorship and partnerships.
- Event operations in coordination with the relevant Business Units, including budgeting, marketing and where necessary, managing operations for selected Sportfive promoted events.
- Develop a deep understanding of the global sports events calendar, commercial models of events and consumer trends relating to sport events
- Identify and build strong and lasting relationships with all stakeholders ensuring flow of communication, optimum cooperation and successful procurement of events strategic to Sportfive business.
- Support the Business Development Unit in international event acquisition activity and the presentation of local and regional opportunities.
- Manage multiple projects, working to tight deadlines.
- Deliver high quality work with high attention to detail.
- Prepare visually rich presentations utilising various DTP (desktop publishing) programmes.
- Prepare spreadsheets / excel spreadsheets as required.
- Prepare and support event bids and event grant applications
- The responsibilities of this role may adjust over time as required by Sports Hub.
- Report to Director, Business Development
- Reporting relationship may adjust over time as required by Sportfive.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- At least 4 years of related professional experience in strategic business planning, partnerships and/or sports-related fields
- Experience in venue management, event management, business, sport science and management or related fields is highly desirable
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize, organize and execute multiple projects with competing deadlines and minimal oversight
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experienced in building, interpreting and maintaining financial models
- Demonstrated research and analytical experience in a commercial setting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with the media and/or sports industries would be ideal
- English required; fluency in an Asian language (written and spoken) will be an asset
- Demonstrated ability for developing and understanding strategy, driving alignment with stakeholders, and inspiring teams to achieve common goals
- A big plus – Passionate about live events and sports