This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About The Role
The Asia Pacific Region is of growing strategic importance to Gap Inc.
The Region Is Home To
- Several Gap Inc. teams (Retail, Sourcing, IT) with access to differentiated talent
- Vast consumer market and burgeoning commercial market of companies seeking to serve the US consumer potentially powered by our platform-as-a-service offering
- Existing vendors and new ones we’d need to onboard as we scale our pursuit of strategic adjacencies, e.g., Home,
- Several technology and supply chain partners, as well as early stage innovators we seek to collaborate with
- Agencies and officials we need to continue engaging on the ground to better manage the business in this age of connected commerce.
In this role, you’ll be defining the best path forward for our business growth in the region. Your objective will be to answer the question of how to strategically leverage Asia-Pacific more, to accelerate the pursuit of our Gap Inc. Power Plan 2030, championing the enterprise’s mission, values, strategies, and strategic interests across this geography.
The role is critical to propose/create a new level of business partnerships (B2B) to “monetize our existing assets”. It will also include the search for potential investments/acquisitions of technology/innovation/ESGetail as well as in companies operating in other sectors of activities that would support our Power Plan 2030 and our objective to diversify into businesses adjacent or complementary to our existing ones, with a particular (an non exclusive) focus on home, health and wellness.
Through rigorous analyses, creative thinking, and deep partnership with the business, you will support the development of the strategic direction for the company. You will be responsible for the definition and evolution of our new business strategy, for identifying organic and inorganic growth opportunities where we can create structural advantage, and for preparing and supporting the Vice-Chairman for critical business decisions and partnership meetings. You will be driving business projects to advance our priorities, growth and long-range plans. This role will play a crucial role in ensuring connectivity and coordination with Asia based business operations.
What You’ll Do
- In partnership with Gap Inc. brands, platform leaders, as well as with the Asia-Pacific team business development managers, develop and deliver strategies to unlock the full potential of Asia-Pacific in support of enterprise goals
- Provide insights, information, and recommendations to better manage risks arising out of developments in Asia-Pacific, and – similarly – access to opportunities in support of the Power Plan 2030 strategy
- Nurture (and/or develop) key relationships within Asia-Pacific – both preexisting as well as those with potential – in support of Gap Inc’s growth agenda
- Communicate and champion Gap Inc’s strategy, mission, and values across various external existing and potential partners throughout Asia-Pacific
- Conduct researches and analyses, build business cases and presentations for leadership meetings
Who You Are
- Entrepreneurial mind-set: The Asia-Pacific function is newly created in Gap Inc. and needs to demonstrate quickly the value it can add unlocking and participating to deliver our Power Plan 2030
- Team player: The initial team will be small, so creating a very strong bonding and connection, between each team members, helping and supporting each-other will be critical.
- Professional work experience preferably in business development and growth, apparel, retail, management consulting, or private equity.
- Demonstrated track record as an outstanding strategic thinker and problem solver – Flexible, highly independent, positive can-do attitude, proactive in making business connections.
- Strong analytical skills: Ability to collect, organize and analyze large / complex data sets efficiently and effectively
- Financial Business Acumen: Knowledge and understanding of financial touch points and strong financial business acumen.
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions; Risk Management: Ability to think ahead and catch problems before they arise.
- Organizational Savvy: Able to build constructive and effective relationships and use them to maneuver through complex situations.
- Project Management: Well organized, able to build structured project plans and drive progress towards target dates
- Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action, demonstrates strong listening, written and oral communication skills.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.