Rotorua Lakes Council
About the job
- Exciting opportunity to get hands on across the full RotoruaNZ marketing mix
- Contribute to the development of Rotorua as a fantastic place to live, work and play.
- Be part of a team focused on inspiring visitors, investors, businesses, delegates, students and talent to come to Rotorua
RotoruaNZ is a Rotorua Lakes Council Controlled Organisation and operates as both the Economic Development Agency and the Regional Tourism Organisation for the Rotorua district.
We are seeking a talented Marketing Executive to work with our marketing team to deliver high impact projects, campaigns and other activities to support our marketing strategy. This person will be part of a collaborative organisation that’s focused on the development of the Rotorua economy to provide employment, wealth and wellbeing for all our people. And the chance to work closely with our local tourism and hospitality businesses makes the job even more fun and rewarding! This job is perfect for a marketer who wants to do more with their day, get out and about and really make a tangible difference for the community we serve.
- At least 3 years’ marketing experience
- A passion for Rotorua and the development of the business sector
- A working knowledge of the Rotorua tourism offering
- A passion and respect for Te Ao Maori
- Understanding of how the media works and what they need to produce great destination content
- A willingness to learn and work as part of a high performing team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage projects efficiently and prioritise competing commitments
- Great eye for detail
Social media skills would be a bonus!