Citizens Energy Group
We have a career opportunity for a Microsoft Systems Engineer II to join our team!
The successful candidate will provide secure, stable server infrastructure based on Microsoft enterprise server technologies and additional complimentary technologies. Evaluate and analyze new technologies for potential applicability to business needs. Design, install, and support a Microsoft-based network infrastructure capable of supporting the business processes at Citizens Energy Group. The candidate will have knowledge of Active Directory and VMware deployment and administration. Design, test, and implement a disaster recovery process and procedures for the Microsoft infrastructure. Maintain a solid technical knowledge of computer hardware, software and applications available within the industry to support our current systems and assist in planning future directions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, implement, and maintain Microsoft-based VMware enterprise server infrastructure to meet SLA requirements and strategic goals.
- Responsible for Windows server support, including troubleshooting, problem ticket escalations, and end user documentation
- Act as the Microsoft and VMware subject matter expert. Utilize that expertise to provide recommendations, assist with technology initiatives and provide input into standards, policies and architectural decisions.
- Investigate and understand the updates and new features of Microsoft Applications and Services, their inter-relationships & impact on the existing & future environment. Communicate these updates and new features to the organization.
- Installation and support of Microsoft application servers
- Design, implement, document, and test Disaster Recovery process and procedures for server infrastructure
- Manage server infrastructure backup and recovery processes and security and critical update patch management
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Four-year degree with emphasis in Computer Science, Computer Technology, MIS or equivalent experience.
- Three years experience in Microsoft enterprise server infrastructure in a production environment
- Microsoft advanced certification (MCSE and/or MCITP)
- Extensive experience with Active Directory
- Working knowledge of VMware virtual server technologies
- This position will require an onsite presence and 80% local travel, as it will be supporting our utilities in the Greater Indianapolis Area
- Two years experience in disaster recovery using Commvault or similar application
- Experience in File/Email compliance archiving
- Experience in Microsoft Exchange
- Working knowledge of SAN architectures
Citizens Energy Group offers competitive salary and benefits including:
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Short-Term Incentive Plan (STIP)
- Health, Dental & Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with company contribution
- Wellness Program
- Adoption and tuition assistance
- Employee Credit Union
- PTO and Paid Holidays