Connecting the world requires alternative approaches to building and deploying telecom network infrastructure. Through direct engagement with partners around the world, the Network Investments – Emerging Markets Team seeks to foster the development of open, shared transport network infrastructure to bring more people online to a faster internet. If you have a passion for emerging markets, social impact and a desire to leverage your data and analytics skill sets to increase broadband access, this is a great role for you. You will get to work with industry stakeholders to drive innovative, cutting edge, cost efficient network infrastructure in emerging markets. As a Network Investment Intern, you will be working with our data science, engineering, product and partnerships teams, and operators to understand performance of existing networks, areas of gaps and bottlenecks, and recommend investment infrastructure to boost coverage and capacity. This position is an internship, based in Singapore with heavy focus on emerging market infrastructure and engagement.
- Use network performance, coverage and other data layers (population density, income levels, etc.) to conduct gap analysis and ultimately recommend infrastructure expansion such as fiber routes and wireless backhaul to connect telecom towers and POPs.
- Work cross-functionally to define problem statements, collect data, build analytical models and make recommendations.
- Work with the Data Science, Product and Partnerships teams to set up metrics and track impact.
- Leverage tools such as Python, R & SQL to drive efficient analytics and support partner / internal engagements.
- Assemble presentation materials and conduct analysis in support of program updates and decisions.
- Experience using analytical tools (Tableau, statistical, visualization, GIS / mapping) and data processing and data analytics techniques (Python, R, SQL).
- Familiar with big data analytics tools, and conducting large scale analysis.
- Understanding of statistics (e.g., hypothesis testing, statistical inference, regressions, ML systems).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including experience speaking to both technical and business audiences.
- BA/BS or higher degree with emphasis in computer science, analytics, statistics, economics or equivalent degree/experience.
- Experience engaging with operators (Mobile Network Operators / ISPs / Wholesalers) in emerging markets.
- Understanding of network metrics, measurements and performance data for mobile and/or fixed line networks.