Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade)
About the job
- Classification: Austrade Overseas Performance Level B (AOPL B)
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: HKD$860,000
The Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade) is looking for a Trade and Investment Director for the State of New South Wales, based in Hong Kong. Working for Investment NSW as part of the Austrade team at the Australian Consulate General in Hong Kong, the NSW Trade and Investment Director will identify and capture trade and investment opportunities for the State of New South Wales with a priority focus on the technology and services sectors.
The role will lead the development of strategic relationships in the technology, R&D and healthcare sectors. The position will require the development and maintenance of extensive networks with companies across a wide range of sectors, with a focus on technology and services sector, in both NSW and in Hong Kong.
The NSW Trade and Investment Director will support the conversion of trade and investment commercial outcomes, build and maintain relationships with business and ecosystem leaders; promote NSW’s trade and investment priorities; and partner with key stakeholders to organise events to showcase NSW.
Working collaboratively with the Austrade office, the position is responsible for the following duties:
- Identify post and regional trends, assess their impact on trade and investment opportunities and provide insight into the development of market plans for NSW
- Strengthen existing relationships and create new connections with key in-market based executives of corporates that already have significant investments or trade agreements in NSW, or those planning to make investments, aligned to NSW priority sectors, with a specific focus on the technology and services sector. This will involve researching and presenting tailored information on industry capability and articulating the commercial benefits of investing in NSW
- Represent the NSW government in high level meetings, presentations and negotiations and identify and work with potential investors and trade partners through their decision-making processes to secure new investment into NSW and facilitate exports to help meet objectives outlined in market plans
- Apply project management skills to develop and execute lead-generation activities designed to identify in-market organisations with direct investment potential and trade opportunities for NSW, including research-driven target selection exercises and pro-active marketing campaigns
- Provide the NSW Senior Trade and Investment Commissioner based in Mainland China with analysis and insights on:
Trade and investment opportunities in NSW Government priority areas;
business opportunities; and
market trends, and specified business information.
- Working with the NSW-based government representatives, coordinate business missions and visit programs by NSW Ministers, VIPs, industry sector experts, and key business contacts.
- Manage and grow a NSW Investor and exporter portfolio, providing customised services to assist NSW and Hong Kong businesses with market entry or expansion plans.
- Efficiently manage changing workloads with flexibility in covering a variety of industries and a large number of clients
- Work with the NSW–based Export Advisers to assist and deliver services to NSW exporters, such as advising market demand, business matching programs, attending pre-departure briefings, providing on-the-ground support to visiting delegations, ensuring local exhibition arrangements are in place, arranging and participation in in-market meetings and networking functions and undertaking follow-ups.
- Provide input into strategy development for export promotion
- Apply Investment NSW business practices and maintain accuracy of information in business systems to deliver accurate and timely reporting and relationship management whilst upholding the Code of Conduct
- Actively contributing to Investment NSW’s online Social Media presence to promote NSW and Hong Kong Trade and Investment opportunities.
For more detailed information please view the Job Information Pack.
To be eligible for consideration and appointment you must have:
- Work Authorisation – to be eligible for employment with Austrade in Hong Kong, candidates must be legally authorised to live and work in Hong Kong at the time of appointment.
- Language – the successful candidate must be a highly motivated team member, fluent in written and spoken English and Cantonese.
- Security Clearance – the successful applicant must be willing to complete an Entry Level Screening Pack and be confirmed as a suitable person to access Government resources prior to commencement in the role.