We’re looking for a motivational, learning and development specialist to lead our Customer Operations onboarding and ongoing learning at Monzo. Customer Service Operations is now a 1000+ strong team, operating across 2 different sites and with many working remotely.
This isn’t banking as you know it — we are fast, agile and expect you to take ownership. We’re focused on our end goal of helping a billion customers across the world manage their money. Today we have over 5 million amazing customers, we’ve done this with a small, talented team, but we’re growing. Fast. One of our (many) next key missions is to evolve what we’ve built so far into a profitable, sustainable business.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about learning and development, creative in their approach, with experience developing and implementing customer service training in a regulated contact centre. An ideal candidate will also be great at leading small internal learning and development teams focused on digital learning design that works for our distributed customer service teams (known internally as COps).
You’ll lead a small team of trainers as well as developing and maintaining the onboarding and ongoing learning requirements, curriculums and learning materials for our Customer Operations People (COps)
In this role you’ll work closely with the Customer Operations leadership team, our People team, Hiring and Workforce Management who forecast and produce the schedules for our customer service staff (COps).
It’s a busy fast paced role, we’re hiring a lot of COps and we have lots of exciting changes coming up. You’ll need to be comfortable readjusting plans when things change often. Our training approach and digital learning journeys are at an early stage. You’ll be able to use your experience of different learning methodologies, techniques, tools and practices to make sure our training is the most effective it can be. You’ll also be able to shape our ongoing training programme for COps after their onboarding journey and throughout their career as a COp.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Planning training cohorts, working closely with the rest of the Training team, Hiring, Workforce Management, our Team Leaders (they’re called Squad Captains at Monzo) and TechOps to make sure everything runs smoothly. You’ll have effective contingency plans in place just in case there are any hiccups
- Building and maintaining effective assessments to evaluate the learner performance, skills and knowledge
- Monitoring and reporting on training performance and using data to drive continuous improvements
- Running and testing our controls – for example controls that make sure training is up to date, meets the needs of the audience and we have robust record keeping (attendance/pass rates, version control, etc.)
- Running and supporting learning & development projects
- Designing and delivering customer service related skills and role training
To Apply You’ll Need To
- Have significant experience planning onboarding cohorts in a fast scaling environment, with lots of experience designing and delivering customer service training
- Have experience identifying and documenting learning requirements and designing and building training curriculums in a regulated firm
- Have previously led teams of trainers and have great communication skills
- Be comfortable analysing data, spotting trends and producing graphs and charts
- Be happy being hands-on and take satisfaction in supporting colleagues, projects or tasks however big or small
- Thrive in a fast paced environment with high volume onboarding and lots of change
- Be excited by what we’re doing at Monzo
It Would Be Great If You Also
- Have a background in the financial services industry
- Have experience designing and working with digital learning platforms, a lot of our customer service staff (COps) work remotely so digital learning is key
- Have learning and development experience in a remote working setting
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo we’re embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.