Mobile Mini Solutions
About the job
About The Job
The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring operating success in the business. The Operations Manager has responsibility and accountability for driving Safety, training, and mentoring of Branch Operations Leaders (BOL’s)/Branch Managers (BM’s), implementing, and assessing Operational Key Performance Indicators and Standard Work. The Operations Manager will achieve success by executing on both short- and long-term actions to improve operational excellence standards for safety, quality, delivery, costs, and inventory management.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Supports regions on Health, Safety and Environment; Conducts business in compliance with all WillScot Mobile Mini Safety, Transportation, and Environmental Policies.
Revenue Growth and Efficient Use of Resources
- Collaborates with and leads Branch Operation Leaders (BOL’s)/Branch Managers (BM’s), Regional Managers (RM’s) and corporate departments to deliver key strategic initiatives by implementing Standard Work and adherence to Operational Key Performance Indicator (KPI’s).
- Actively drives branch leadership to promote optimal fleet utilization and labor utilization to meet customer demand. Aligns with Operations Directors on all critical operating priorities and messaging.
- Conducts site visits to Branch locations- review operational KPI’s while providing direct and indirect feedback to branch leadership, Operations Directors and Regional Managers.
- Using Capacity Planning Tools and data, ensures the branches are ready to support Unit on Rent (UOR) growth. Additional tracking and evaluation of branch Value Added Products and Services (VAPS) inventory management ensuring inventory levels are accounted for and process improvements are in place.
- Rollout, train, and monitor all service employees on current Standard Work Instructions, ensure the Branch Operating Platform is staffed properly and new process implementation.
- Ensures that the appropriate systems and technical support are in place to provide safe, timely, cost effective, high quality and efficient delivery of revenue activities.
- Conducts periodic assessments of operations at branches, evaluate performance and lead training and development initiatives utilizing the Branch Operations Assessment
- Uses Net Promoter Score (NPS) system to provide timely correspondence and to address internal issues.
- Ensures On Time Deliveries and Returns.
- Drives high levels of product quality (<60-day call & First Time Quality)
Additional Duties And Functions As Assigned
- Travel requirements are extensive; >75%
Education And Qualifications
Required Education and Experience
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate experience; and minimum 5 years’ experience in the mobile, modular, or construction industry in general building, remodeling, and supervision
- 5+years of experience leading operations teams in manufacturing environments. This includes developing and managing budgets, creating and executing short- and long-term business strategies and tactics
- Experience working in a high-profile role that has frequent contact between various departments, executive leaders, and field management.
- Experience in leading continuous improvement initiatives.
- Experience in working in culturally diverse, operational/functional matrix organizations.
- Proven experience in a leasing business (e.g., construction materials, auto- leasing) or in Logistics, transportation, or other construction-related industry.
Required Skills And Abilities
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments.
- Ability to thrive in a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, time-sensitive, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; actively solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Strong customer presentation and communications skills and experience.
- Proficient with MS Office/Excel/Word/Outlook as well as Salesforce.com or other CRM; experience with MS Project, SAP is a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of your time.
Preferred Education And Experience
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree
- Experienced with SAP
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
WillScot Mobile Mini is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment. WillScot Mobile Mini takes affirmative action in support of this policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, disabled, and veterans.