G Adventures is the world’s largest small-group adventure travel company and we’ve been making epic travel memories happen on all seven continents for over 30 years.
Our mission is simple: to change lives through travel. And not just our travelers’ either. Since day one, our tours have been built to establish meaningful relationships with local communities, directly benefiting the people and places we visit at every step of our tours.
With the demand for travel coming back strong, we are set up and excited for this next chapter in our company’s story — and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
Our DNA revolves around building, nurturing, and developing a diverse culture of people and a true sense of belonging, where everyone is encouraged to bring their authentic self to work each and every day. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, and yourself, alongside a passionate, talented, and welcoming community that works hard to spread goodness around the world.
If all that sounds like your kind of thing, well, we can’t wait for you to join us.
About the Role:
The Operations Specialist for Australia and New Zealand is a dual role, encompassing reservations processes and accounts payable for the local office. Duties will include working with suppliers and the reservations team using efficient process and actioning any foreseeable problems, as well as approving supplier invoices. You will also need to communicate clearly and efficiently with CEOs, Suppliers, Stakeholders and Travellers.
The role will provide support for the Regional Operations Manager to ensure accuracy of product and flow of operations.
This position supports and innovates the reservation and product systems, including information distribution as well as ensuring that all content is accurate, punctual, systemized,
organised and sharp. The position will be responsible for creating a climate of efficient
communication systems between our internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
Will be responsible for the emergency phone in rotation with the regional operations team.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Brand and Region Agnostic (Will be required to work across multiple regions/brands)
- Assist in ensuring the G Adventures brand and other client brands are properly represented throughout the region.
- Managing the reservations of all hotels and supporting partner supplier relationships. .
- Build relationships and communicate with suppliers
- Monitor shared email inboxes for actions and problem solving.
- Manage all block allocations by vendor and trip code.
- Coordinate with the regional operations team on last minute changes and emergencies and keep the CEOs and suppliers informed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Regional Operations Manager.
- Responsible for all of our Operational accounting needs, ensuring the timely processing of supplier invoices and adherence to budgets.
- Responsible for investigating discrepancies, validating and processing supplier invoices for on tour and overhead budgets
- Assisting with ongoing projects and process development within the Operations Department
- Work closely with the Finance and Operations teams to ensure all audit trails and requirements are maintained and consistently meet business needs
- Develop, train and maintain relationships with supplier finance contacts
- Development of a strong company culture in internal stakeholders, suppliers, travellers, and the greater community.
- Integrate and promote G Adventures Core Values through all aspects of the organisation
- Create a culture of Collaboration and Innovation through ongoing training/brainstorming sessions and meetings with Operations Staff, CEOs, and suppliers based on need
- Support the Global Sales and Brand teams in information-gathering and logistics related to travellers before arrival.
- Support product review and new product development.
- Support the Customer Solutions team for on-tour and post-tour issues, investigating, collaborating and communicating with the stakeholders to manage situations as effectively as possible and bring them to resolution.
- Coordinate with the ROM regarding logistical tour changes, and keep the CEOs and providers informed.
Desired Skills And Experience
- 3+ years of experience working in the tourism industry
- Familiarity with the geography of both Australia and New Zealand
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills with proficiency in Google Suite
- Self-motivated, highly organised, strong office administration and organisational skills
- Ability to travel when necessary for the role
What do we offer you?
- Competitive salary commensurate with the role
- Competitive benefits package
- Birthday day off
- Vacation time for you to recharge
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Learning and growth opportunities