RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
The position engages with various day-to-day operational administration and procurement activities and executes some process improvement supports in Property Services.
Our Values inspire us, wherever we are in the world, and guide how we live and work together.
Imagination. Agility. Courage. Passion. Impact. Inclusion.
What unites us is our purpose and our values; they are at the heart of who we are, what we stand for, how we make decisions and connect with each other. Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
- Assist the Department Head with secretarial and administrative duties as required, including processing payment of invoices and reimbursements.
- Arrange the office supplies in all urgent and important events of department.
- Arrange the facilities and catering for department functions (Operational workshops, meetings, etc.), in conjunction with Operations Support team.
- Provide travel arrangements for the Department Head, colleagues and visitors where required, in consultation with the line manager.
- Arrange the travel logistics incl. schedules for Department Head and colleagues, in consultation and coordination with the line manager.
- Translate documents for the Department Head.
- Act as Alternative Member for Operations Business Admin in Business Continuity Plans.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Collect proper and sufficient information and requirement from the department functional/ technical teams and execute the procurement process of the University’s operation furniture, equipment and supplies, especially in creating Requisition in Workday, contract preparation, coordinating the deliveries and arranging the payment request, except any procurement activity via the tender process.
Document Control Support
- Coordinate the preparation of the Department Head’s reports and correspondence with Local Authorities, in consultation with the line manager.
- Prepare the contract documentation, follow-up the progress/ delivery and arrange payment in WD for any operational project led by the Department Head in consultation with the line manager.
- Manage record of documents approved by Department Head.
- Implement the TRIM filing system, in conjunction with Operations Support team.
- Provide support in consolidation of the budget / forecast for Property Services at all sites.
- Keep records of actual expenses of Operations Supports team for review against approved budget / forecast on monthly basis.
- Minimum four-year work experience in relevant secretarial, executive assistant or administrative assistant experience.
- Demonstrated understanding or ability to quickly attain understanding of administration procedures and protocols.
- Acute attention to detail and accuracy when managing information.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of team.
- Good communication skill in both Vietnamese and English
- Good interpersonal skills, including negotiation, liaison and cross-cultural communication.
- Good organisational skills, including time management and the ability to manage a range of tasks pro-actively.
- Proficient use of Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Access, Google Apps. Ability to display appropriate behaviours in line with the position, as per the RMIT Behavioural Capability Framework (Connectedness, Commitment to Excellence – Improve and Simplify; Imagination and Innovation; Impact; Inclusion; Agility). Tertiary degree in business or related field preferable.
- Highly competitive monthly salary (plus allowances) depending on proven track record in meeting all the key selection criteria.
- 13th month Tet bonus + private medical insurance (for you and your dependents) + annual health check.
- 20 days annual leave plus 5 days paid leave Xmas closure, plus public holidays and paid sick leave.
- Unique opportunity to work within a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment with creative and innovative committed colleagues.
- Free use of onsite gym
- Library on campus and online – access to RMIT Australia online library
- Education fee support for staff dependents after a qualifying period
English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS (General) with a score of at least 5.5-6.5 (or equivalent, as outlined in the Recruitment, Selection and On-boarding Guidelines).
For any role, English Language Proficiency may also be proven by showing successful completion of secondary education to a level qualifying to enter university study while being instructed through the medium of English, as per the RMIT University recognised qualification list.