Who we are
Better Science. Better Art. Better Outcomes. UM is a creatively driven media agency, blurring the lines between media and innovation, data and content, and science and art. As part of the global IPG Mediabrands network, UM strives to deliver better outcomes by fostering meaningful connections between brands and audiences.
As a Partnerships Manager you are responsible for the final execution of the Connections Plan, everything from planning through to negotiating the paid media to orchestrating shared assets between two stakeholders, editorial briefings to the placement of a TVC into a high rating television program.
The Partnerships Division is where the rubber hits the road and as the Partnerships Manager you are behind the wheel ensuring that the car wins the race.
You work together with many different disciplines such as Client, Strategy, Media and SBU’s however it is the seamless collaboration with the Designers that encourages the pursuit for perfection in connections solution delivery. You will have an exciting client patch working cross national clients like Optus, Intuit and Slater & Gordon.
You manage the Partnerships Traders and Executives to ensure delivery of effective campaigns, with media results that meet (or exceed) the UM set benchmarks/KPI’s.
As the Partnerships Manager you need to be able to identify partnership opportunities that can exist outside the standard paid media environments. You are expected to be able to build strong relationships with agency partners to create new connections opportunities.
- Drives day-to-day negotiations across paid and non-paid channels to ensure required deliverables are achieved
- Support the Partnerships Leads in identifying non-traditional and non-paid partnership opportunities that can be explored as part of the connections solution
- Support Partnerships Leads & contribute into all major negotiations
- Produce creative and effective Connections Plans & recommendations in collaboration with Connections Designers focusing on Partnerships responsibilities
- Fostering strong media partnerships relationships within client team
- Participating in key partnerships initiatives to ensure UM is the preferred media agency for all our media partners
- Deliver all campaign learnings & actionable insights and reports to clients in a timely manner
- Responsible for tracking, optimisation and deliver to client and/or agency KPI’s
- Contribute to the ideation team session in conjunction with Connections Design team and relevant SBU’s to generate the connections ideas across the selected connections points
- Participate in the Connections briefing process with external stakeholders, while working with Connections Design on internal connections briefing (SBU’s)
- Support Connection Designs to identify media and advertising and consumer trends across various connections points
Desired Skills & Experience
- Previous experience within the media industry, and you have a fundamental and robust knowledge of the Australian media landscape
- Excellent knowledge of all media platforms
- Competent negotiation skills, with an understanding on how to evaluate and identify incremental value that meets & exceeds clients KPI’s
- Continually seeking to improve your skill set via education and networking
- Able to collaborate effectively with key stakeholders
- Confident, hard-working and approachable
- Ability to use appropriate optimisation tools, analyse data, predict performance and make amendments for continuous improvement of deliverables (in real time where applicable)
- Excellent team player and natural collaborator of people
What’s in it for you?
- Work on award winning clients on a strong trajectory
- Align with a global media powerhouse
- 5 bonus annual leave days at the start of 2022
- 2 bonus Summer Break Days
- Generous parental leave policy
- Birthday leave
- Inclusive and collaborative company culture
- Flexible working options
- Wellness initiatives – gym, meditation sessions, EAP
- Culture initiatives – clubs, social drinks, regular events, ping pong/pool tables
- Local/global mobility
- Ongoing L&D opportunities
UM Australia is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
Be part of the future everyone is searching for. Apply to join the UM Australia team today.