About The Job
Our clients’ needs are constantly changing, and so our products need to change with them. Strategic Partner Developers serve as our consultants to our customers, using research and analytics to build long-lasting relationship with our partners. Your expertise of Google’s products and our partners’ businesses allow you to identify new opportunities for their growth, launch new products, and expand the impact of our clients’ work. You possess strong relationship-building skills and are apt to work effectively with Google’s partners, in order to best represent our users, products and programs and drive growth.
Google’s line of products and services to partners never stops growing. The Partnerships Development team is responsible for helping our Android developers build successful businesses.
With your business acumen and extensive market and product knowledge, you will help developers grow their business on Android by consulting on quality, engagement, business growth improvements, and go-to-market strategies.
The Google Play Partnerships team develops relationships with strategic developers and helps them to build great apps, and finds ways for them to reach their audiences on Google Play. From solving and designing for business model goals and challenges to helping partners bring their apps to emerging Android surfaces and distributing apps globally, we provide the full lifecycle of support for partners.
Google Play offers music, movies, books, apps and games for devices, powered by the cloud. It syncs across devices and on the web. As part of the Android and Mobile team, Googlers working on Google Play do everything from engineering our backend systems, to shaping product strategy, to forming great content partnerships. They make it possible for people to do things like buy an ebook or song on their Android phone, then have it instantly available on their laptop. The Google Play team enhances the Android ecosystem by giving developers and partners a premium store where they can reach millions of users.
- Own and lead partnership strategy and relationship management with key app developers in Western Europe.
- Identify emerging opportunities, market developments, and challenges in the Western European apps ecosystem and develop strategic recommendations and plans.
- Develop and execute plans to help developers build app experiences, quality platform innovation, and partner’s business successes.
- Provide consultations to key partner’s app businesses based on analysis of partner metrics, performance, best practices, and strategic priorities.
- Provide actionable insights to shape products, and drive impactful collaboration with cross-functional teams (e.g., Product, Engineering, Marketing, Payments, etc.) to grow the Google Play ecosystem.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience within the mobile apps market, standards, business models, sales channels, and landscape
- Experience managing partners to create relationships and business outcomes, increasing experience in growing partners’ businesses
- Experience in the creation, sales, or distribution of mobile apps at a leading market provider
- Experience managing large partners at a large technology company
- Experience in online services business development and growth
- Ability to be entrepreneurial, creative, persistent, collaborative, and passionate about Google products
- Excellent communication skills to formulate and articulate agreement, technical, financial, and value points with partners and internal Google teams
- Outstanding attention to detail
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .