Mercedes-Benz Financial Services USA LLC
About the job
Mercedes-Benz USA, headquartered in Atlanta, GA is responsible for the sales, marketing and service of all Mercedes-Benz and Maybach products in the United States. In our people, you will find tremendous commitment to our corporate values. Our products and employees reflect this dedication. We are looking for diverse top-notch individuals to join the Mercedes-Benz Team and uphold these hallmarks.
MBUSA requires all new employees to present proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when they start work. Currently, “fully vaccinated” is defined as someone that has received both doses of the Pfizer/Moderna COVID-19 vaccines or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine. Individuals with a valid medical/religious reason preventing them from taking the vaccine may request an accommodation.
Perform Payroll related functions in accordance with company policy and federal and state regulations and guidelines. This position is the local subject matter expert for payroll processes and platforms. It is the liaison between the entity and Payroll Shared Services and the External Payroll Processing Provider.
- Maintain payroll calendar in collaboration with external payroll processing provider.
- Communicate and monitor processing deadlines.
- Review all employee personal and job data changes to ensure it is updated, and approved in PeopleSoft during the pay period, and ready for data transfer to Ceridian. (Including updates to temporary SSN for international assignees and interns)
- Confirm all hourly and other time is entered and approved in Time & Labor platform.
- Ensure work schedules are setup correctly in the system and maintained.
- Setup and maintain PTO programs, monitor and maintain leave balances.
- Prepare required manual calculations for all one-time entries and provide approved information to external payroll processing provider to include in pay run calculations. Examples include, but are not limited to retroactive payments, pro-rated salary, and leave adjustments.
- Attached applicable earnings to newly hired and/or promoted associates as needed.
- Request new earnings/ deduction/ tax codes from Payroll Shared Services. Collaborate with local accounting to ensure new codes are mapped appropriately to the GL.
- Collaborate with external payroll processing provider to resolve open issues with payroll calculations and reporting
- Run recurring and ad-hoc reports for local business needs.
- Instruct external payroll processing provider when to issue off-cycle payments.
- Notify external payroll processing provider to issue stop payments.
- Forward garnishment questionnaires, notifications and tax notices to external payroll processing provider.
- Serve as escalation point for employee questions.
- Entity representative for all cross-entity reviews with Payroll Shared Services and 3rd party vendor.
- Maintain assignment tracker to complete on-time assignment initiations for expat onboarding and repatriation.
- Act as liaison between DIAS and MBUSA expats.
- Process monthly expatriate invoice, bonus invoices and quarterly benefit reporting.
- Process monthly vendor invoices providing services to HR Operations
- Support Sr. HR Business Partners for any ad hoc requirements or requests
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree (accredited school) with in emphasis in:- Human Resources
- Business Administration
- Three (3) years’ experience in HR, payroll or related area.
- Knowledge of common federal and state wage law interpretation.
- Knowledge of internal controls, recording and reporting of payroll transactions, including the origination of the transaction.
- Proficiency within MS Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Mercedes-Benz USA is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that appreciates and leverages the diversity of our team. We provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender, age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, physical or other disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.