About Learn Amp
Learn Amp is a fast-growing, award-winning business on a mission to improve alignment between people and the organisation they work in.
To do this, we’ve built a unique learning platform that helps our global customers drive learning, connectivity, and performance in their people—in one place.
Disrupting the people development industry isn’t easy. Nothing worth doing ever is. But achieving our mission starts with making our own people’s work-lives amazing! You can expect to join a talented, ambitious team that really cares about you.
We’re on a mission to ‘make work lives, work better’ for our customers. To achieve that we need to make sure our people’s work lives are amazing.
Reporting directly to Gabby Cummins, our Director of Operations, you’ll be our only People and Talent specialist.
With no one above you in the role, you’ll have the opportunity to progress, rapidly. We’ll look to you to shape the People and Talent functions, including company culture, HR Tech stack and People processes as the business grows.
You’ll have around 5 years of experience in a similar role.
Looking to make a big impact on team culture and development, your ambition is to become our Head of People.
You seek a culture that is fast-paced, ambitious and purposeful where you can make a big difference. As an innovator, you’re continually listening and learning to improve what we’re doing.
“Benevolent Honesty” is core to how we work, so you’ll enjoy and value frequent feedback from your peers and managers as a route to fast personal development.
What You Will Do
You’ll make sure everyone can do their best work at Learn Amp. Your areas of focus will be:
- Recruitment: you’ll lead on hiring brilliant talent, improving our EVP and employer brand, and reducing dependence on recruiters (especially, in Tech roles)
- People & Culture: from onboarding through to offboarding—and everything in between—you’ll make sure Learn Amp is an amazing place to work
- HR: payroll, employee assistance, background checks, evolving our handbook and Culture Deck
- Learning & Development: this is part of our business’ DNA; new joiners, employees and managers—everyone should have opportunities to learn and grow
- DEI and B-Corp: champion initiatives across diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI), environmental impact and community outreach (we’re B-Corp certified)
If you don’t yet have all these skills yet — we can help you develop them — please do apply!
- 5 years of experience in People, Talent or HR role
- Proven record of recruiting for roles in a SaaS/start up
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise based on what will move the needle the most
- Ability to ask great questions and take the initiative; you’re not afraid of failure but you learn, fast
- You love solving problems and improving processes
- You thrive on getting things done, and what you deliver exceeds expectations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use data to inform decisions and report back the progress you’re making
These are how success will be measured in the first few months. If these projects excite you— please apply!
- Our People function operates like a Product team. That means, we listen to our employees and rapidly test and iterate based on their feedback. We have a roadmap that you’ll be responsible for shaping and delivering!
- We’re always on the lookout for great talent and our team is growing quickly, meaning a steady flow of new roles and new hires. To attract and hire the best people, you’ll build and promote our employer brand. We’re especially interested in attracting more women into our Engineering team.
- We’re proud of the progress we’ve made using the Learn Amp platform to design an incredible onboarding and induction journey for new joiners. You’ll own this experience and continue improving it. We’d love to start differentiating this for different functions and make it more hybrid friendly (we built it for remote working in the Pandemic).
- As an organisation, Learning and Development is at our core. We want to create an innovative offer suitable for our size and stage that works for our team.
We hire for values-fit, not culture fit. We look for people who share our values and want to contribute to building our culture.
- Integrity: we’re open, authentic, comfortable being vulnerable and practice ‘benevolent honesty’—direct feedback from a place of kindness
- Innovation: we have a natural curiosity and we’re comfortable with ‘creative tension’—differing viewpoints and open dialogue
- Impact: we focus on delivering a positive impact, quickly; we’re solutions and action-orientated and learn from mistakes
- Ownership: we’re self-starters, motivated and resilient; when we spot things we think could be better, we make the change we want to see
Salary and Perks
Please note our benefits are not set in stone; we frequently discuss and review what we offer as a company.
- Salary: £40,000 – £60,000 (dependent on prior experience; seeking quick progression based on performance)
- Hybrid and flexible working (around once a week in our London office)
- £250 budget to help set up your workspace (excluding laptop)
- Employee options scheme (eligible after 12 months)
- Private Medical Insurance and additional Mental Health Cover with Vitality
- 25 days paid holiday, including an Office Reset between Boxing Day and New Year.
- Option to buy up to 5 additional days annual leave (eligible after probation)
- Option to work from abroad in August plus 5 additional days (max. 25 days/year)
- Regular events in our office space, plus our learning lunches and quarterly socials!
- Surprise and Delight edible gifts through your letterbox
- Values-driven culture: we’re open, honest, value feedback and promote an equitable culture
- Giki Zero subscription to help you track your carbon footprint. We’re BCorp certified; we care about people, profit and the planet
- Commitment to your ongoing learning and development—it’s in our DNA!
- your experience, competencies and values interview (60 mins via Zoom)
- timed mission (60 mins)
- role play and meet some of the team interview (60 mins via Zoom)