About the job
United Kingdom – Location: Birmingham/London – General
Are you interested in joining one of the leading consulting companies, creating value for customers, people and societies world-wide? Can you add to our success, whilst also developing your career and reputation? Then join us in designing the future!
JOIN COWI INTERNATIONAL’S TEAM IN THE UK
With over 93 offices worldwide, COWI is a leading international consulting group. As a member of the UK team, you’ll join our skilled experts who support projects across the transportation and energy sectors, including railways, highways, bridges, hydro, and tunnels.
Living up to our values is a priority in the way we work. We collaborate with our customers, partners and colleagues to create better solutions while delivering on our promises project by project. We are curious and courageous as we pursue new knowledge and insights. Most importantly, we care about our planet, our customers, and our colleagues as we collaborate to shape tomorrow’s societies.
DESIGN THE FUTURE WITH A GLOBAL TEAM OF EXPERTS
We are looking for a People and Culture Coordinator to join COWI on one of our major projects. Supporting the Head of People and the Head of Health and Safety, you’ll play an active role in the People and Culture Team supporting deliverables and taking ownership of your own projects, while working collaboratively with the process improvement workstream and wider project support functions. We are keen to hear from candidates that are open to working remotely although there will potentially be the occasional meetings in Birmingham or London to attend.
On a day-to-day basis, you’ll be responsible for:
- Coordinating the People and Culture team activities
- Working with the PMO team to ensure org charts, staff list and other people data is accurate and up to date
- Supporting the introduction of a women’s network and wider equality, diversity, and inclusion activities
- Ensuring all employees are effectively onboarded onto the project, including conducting calls with all new starters onto the project, collating feedback to share with the People and Culture team for process improvement and escalating issues as appropriate
- Coordinating the recognition scheme and work closely with communications to deliver this
- Managing our Toolbox Talks and identifying contributors from across the project (monthly training session conducted via Teams for all employees on the project)
- As the project progresses over the year, you’ll also play an active role in the offboarding process
YOUR SKILLS. OUR TEAM. TOGETHER, WE DESIGN THE FUTURE
To succeed in this position, we believe that you’ll be an open and honest person who is eager to collaborate with others while keeping our clients engaged. You’ll pursue new insights and constantly explore new ways to improve, while caring for and respecting our clients, your colleagues, and the planet we live on.
Furthermore, you’ll have:
- Previous experience working within an coordination role, while providing support to a busy and diverse team
- Strong communication (written and spoken) and teamwork skills, with an attention to detail
- Proactive work ethic, be organised and possess excellent attention to detail skills
- Experience and confidence in using MS Office suite, Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams etc. and an understanding of basic office IT services/operations
- The ability to manage time and prioritise tasks
- Embody and demonstrate the COWI values in all relationships and tasks