About the job
Jarden advises some of New Zealand’s largest public and private companies and high net worth individuals and families. Our areas of expertise are wealth management, investment banking, institutional equities, research and fixed income, carbon and FX sales trading. We are passionate about seeing our clients succeed, and when they choose Jarden, they get a partner that always endeavours to go above and beyond.
The purpose of the People & Culture Manager is to support the execution of the People & Culture strategies while developing and implementing new policies and processes to ensure we are able to attract, retain, develop and engage the best talent in Australasia.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the planning related to the P&C Strategies for Jarden
- Own the payroll process: management of the monthly payroll processes across Australia, New Zealand and any subsidiary companies. Ensuring smooth and timely process with minimal errors.
- Support the execution of the strategy through key P&C activities such as annual reviews, objective setting, recognition programme, compensation reviews
- Provide a world-class employee experience through a focus on critical moments that matter, including onboarding, parental leave, exits. Support the redesign of the onboarding and exit processes, including managing the candidate onboarding experience.
- Management of employee life cycle from hire / onboarding, job changes and leavers. Ensuring all processes / data are accurately recorded, accurate creation of all relevant documentation, management of all relevant stakeholders and information flows.
- Ownership of the HRIS Workday by being a subject matter expert on all things Workday. Management of all end-to-end Workday processes, including the creation of new processes and changes to current process as required, ensuring accurate data throughout the system.
- Improving HR tooling – enhancing the user Workday interface, ensuring people know what’s on offer, partnering with the wider business and leaders to facilitate continuous improvement of the system
- Reporting: provide accurate and timely reporting to various stakeholders. Ensure timely submissions for the Statistics NZ Quarterly surveys. Provide dashboards for monthly Board reporting
- Management of annual audit process from a P&C perspective, including liaising with auditors, collating relevant and accurate data, providing submissions
- Management of the employee share purchase process and long-term incentive scheme
You’re a self-starter and highly organised with strong attention to detail. You are effective at building relationships and building trust. You’re happy to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in, as we work in a fast-paced environment. You have good use of Excel and PowerPoint and you’re able to analyse quantitative data, identify trends and insights. Experience with operating models and organisation design would be desirable.
In addition, you have
- HR or Psychology-related qualification
- At least 3 years in a similar role
- Experience with Workday is highly beneficial but not essential
In return, we can offer you a great company and team culture within our fast-growing firm, and exciting long-term career prospects.
Desired Skills and Experience