About the job
We have an exciting opportunity for someone who is perhaps a recent HR graduate OR has experience working in a busy HR team.
The role of People & Culture Services Specialist is responsible for direct contact with customers and internal support of People & Culture Partners as well as the integrity and accuracy of all employee records and data in People & Culture Systems. This role plays a key part in the People & Culture Operations Team who serve as the backbone of Discovery’s People & Culture Organization, working collaboratively within a digitally native environment to align data, while implementing processes, procedures and People & Culture support to make business decisions in compliance with operational SLAs.
- Create and maintain Personnel Action Forms for all personnel changes, including new hires,transfers, promotions, terminations and all other applicable changes to personnel records
- Prepare required documents for separations, exit interview document preparation, collection of employee assets and scheduling of exit meetings
- Assist and counsel employees regarding benefits plans, payroll, company policies and programs and leave of absence plans.
- Coordinate the planning, development, and implementation of consistent position management processes to release positions for hire.
- Manage E-Verify company account to ensure overall, I-9 compliance for NY based locations
- Document all inquiries, issues and transactions using the case management system
- Achieve performance measures and adhere to established SLA requirements
- Serve as on-site point of contact for all document management activities, in congruence with the company document management strategy and retention policy
- Support People & Culture Business Partner team in day-to-day projects, answering tier one employee questions with a focus on customer service and maintaining a positive attitude
- Onboard new hires, conduct new hire orientation, liaise with facilities and IT on new hire office space and technology needs, and coordinate new hire needs with benefits
- Answer telephone, screen calls, route callers, take messages, respond to internal and external inquiries, and provide routine information within the scope of authority.
- Projects as assigned to continue to streamline internal processes or drive People & Culture strategies
- Ensure overall compliance with federal, state and local laws
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR / business / or related field; or equivalent work experience
- Experience working within an HR team, service provider and/or shared services environment
- Experience working wihthin an HR Systems (SAP, Workday, etc)
- Ability to solve problems and carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision
- Strong verbal/written communication skills, organization skills, detail-oriented, yet able to analyze and recommend alternatives
- Ability to prioritize and address competing demands; multi-tasking capacity critical
- High degree of respect for the confidentiality and sensitivity of HR and payroll data
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to learn and understand various computer systems
- Must possess the ability to work effectively within a fast-paced environment
- Must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.