About the job
Has your journey in all things People Ops, left you feeling like you mastered juggling a chainsaw, cactus, and a puppy – all whilst running on a treadmill? If so, we are keen to learn more about you and your superpower people operations skills.
Luno is a mission-driven cryptocurrency company that is building more open and equal access to the future of money. You don’t have to know a lot about crypto to be interested in joining us, you just have to believe in our mission of putting the power of crypto in everyone’s hands!
If your dream is to work in a scaling Fintech, then Luno welcomes you as a crypto lover or a crypto newbie. You – just like everyone in the world – are on your own unique crypto-learning journey.
Our team- You are welcome to read the italics with a whisper
Here at Luno, our People team innovates and develops human-centric practices, through a Global people network. We are a forward-thinking, ambitious, and close-knit team. We embrace our diversity, roll up our sleeves, and support each other’s growth and quest for excellence.
We are no drama llamas, we think big, deliver big – all whilst having loads of fun, and finding creative ways to make wellbeing a priority. Oh, and we love emojis, all things weird, and one of our team members is Harry Potter obsessed! Yes, that is a disclaimer…
Soooo, does working in a global, high-performing, smart and authentically innovative (possibly weird and wonderful) team interest you? If so, READ ON and learn more… if not, READ ON – you may change your mind!
As our people operations coordinator, your mission will include
- Being the go-to person for our Lunauts in the region, delivering awesome internal customer-first service for their day to day queries
- Being the culture guardian and delivering a WOW workplace experience to the regional team as well as coordinating community events like wellbeing, social and belonging
- Ensuring our Luno workplaces feel like a home away from home, overseeing the smooth running of them
- Being an integral part of Luno’s growth and success by ensuring the accuracy and integrity of employee data and HR systems and serving as a key point of contact for employee operational questions and/or concerns
- Continuously improving our people policies and procedures to achieve operational excellence
The ideal Lunaut will have
- A relevant HR qualification will be an advantage
- Experience working in the tech or customer service industry will be an advantage
- Working experience as a HR Administrator or Coordinator will be an advantage
- Working experience in the processing of monthly payroll will be an advantage
- Understanding of HR functions and best practices
- A self-starter attitude and the ability to take initiative, by being obsessed with the best
- Empathetic attitude and good interpersonal skills to which Lunauts can easily relate to
- Great attention to detail and a growth mindset – ensuring that we get it done, right
- A passion for coordinating projects and/or events to facilitate a great employee experience
- Basic understanding of employee relations and local employment law will be an advantage
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Overall your success in the role will be dependent on your
- Love for all things people administration
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Attention to detail
- Curiosity to improve your knowledge and skills
- Strong values
- Team spirit
- Comfort with tech tools, such as Slack, People Systems and other cool APPs that make work efficient and fun
- A sense of humour, love for animals and Ice cream – ok these are optional #justsaying
Life at Luno
Luno is currently operating in a hybrid model and virtually onboards. If you are the best that we are obsessed with, not only will you receive the coolest Swag and experience, possibly the best onboarding of your life, but you will also receive really awesome benefits.
Benefits include partnering with the coolest people and stakeholders who are building really cool tech whilst putting the power of crypto into everyone’s hands! You will learn a lot, and be part of a scaling Fintech legacy. Other benefits include:
- Excellent private medical insurance.
- You’ll be able to continuously up-skill yourself with access to free courses on Udemy
- For the crypto fans among you (should be everyone!), you’ll pay 0 fees with Luno from the day you start
- Generous maternity / paternity leave.
- An annual inspiration day, over and above your annual and public holiday leave… for that pottery course you’ve always been meaning to do!
- Work with a globally diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people
- Work is important, but your mental health should always take priority. At Luno, we do everything we can to make sure you lead a healthy and happy life. That’s why Luno gives you free access to Headspace – a full library of guided meditations, sleep stories, and music.
Luno is a ‘remote but reachable’ company! At Luno, we trust that people can do their work effectively anywhere and provide Lunauts with the flexibility to decide where they do their best work. For some of us, that’s at home for the majority of the time, for others, that might mean joining other Lunauts in person at one of our Luno workspaces more often. Luno is built on our relationships, so we still value in-person connections and have a minimum expectation of spending time in person once a quarter. So as long as you are based in one country with a Luno workspace, we want to hear from you!
Learn More About Luno
- Luno means moon in Esperanto, we chose the name because at night, wherever you are in the world, you look up at the same moon. We believe in the power of working together, as one team, across borders, with clear focus and shared purpose.
- Our popular mobile app and website helps people around the world grow and manage their money using the world’s most mature cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Ethereum and USDC. We’ve processed over $21 billion to date.
- Over 7 million customers across 40 countries have chosen to hold their crypto wallets on Luno because we offer a delightfully simple experience and bank-grade security.
- We’re part of the Digital Currency Group, named in 2021 as one of TIME magazine’s 100 Most Influential Companies, in the “Disruptors” category alongside Tesla, AirBnB, SpaceX, Peloton. TIME noted that DCG is “mainstreaming cryptocurrency”.
- We’re proud to be one of the world’s most international cryptocurrency teams, with colleagues from 43 different nationalities working across South Africa, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, Malaysia, Nigeria, Australia, Singapore and the United States.
- Financial inclusion is part of our mission, but on a deeper level, inclusion is a way of life, and a way of work for us. It is part of who we are as a company, and a group of human individuals.