About the job
Particle is the only end-to-end IoT platform that combines software, hardware, and connectivity as an integrated solution that ensures their customers’ IoT products are reliable, scalable, and secure. Particle works with thousands of companies ranging from traditional manufacturers to fast-growing startups including Jacuzzi, Continental Tires, Watsco, Shifted Energy, Anderson EV, and Opti. As a venture-backed company, Particle is supported by world-class investors and boasts the largest developer community in the IoT industry, with nearly 200,000 developers and engineers in more than 170 countries. We value diversity in our developer community, business, and organization, and commit to a continued effort in making an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Investment in our people is critical to who we are as a company. We support and empower each other through curiosity, trust, and joy. From extensive onboarding to 360 feedback, and a professional development stipend, you’ll have the tools to navigate your own success from the start. From there, you’ll work with your manager to create your own growth path and get the coaching needed to achieve it. We are headquartered in San Francisco and have offices in Shenzhen, Dongguan, Minneapolis, Boston, and remote hubs across the globe. We provide:
- Competitive medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Stock options
- Flexible and open vacation policy
- Work from home stipend
- Generous parental leave policy
- A robust wellness program with individual, personalized coaching
Particle is looking for a motivated and driven People Operations Associate to provide support for our growing company. In this role, you’ll be responsible for various people operations programs where you’ll help foster a productive and inclusive working environment and ensure the needs of the employees are met. Ideally you are someone who takes pride in the quality of their work while consistently working with exceptional accuracy, confidentiality and keeping in mind the experience and expectations of our employees.
- Be our HR compliance specialist- maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and reviewing policies and practices
- Fully own benefits, wellbeing, and perks – shepherding employees through open enrollment, driving adoption and utilization of our additional benefits and perks, and ensuring the wellbeing of all employees
- Own the on-boarding/off-boarding process from start to finish and partner with the IT team to make sure every employee is taken care of
- Administer and execute People Ops programs like leave of absence management, occupational health and safety, performance management, and more
- Collaborate with the rest of the People Operations team to create meaningful employees experiences and act as the first point of contact for all people operations inquiries
- Own and maintain our HRIS system to ensure data integrity and appropriate systems access
- Provide general administrative support through a wide range of areas such as sending and uploading employment documents, running headcount reports, conducting audits, assisting with compliance tasks, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of company guidelines and systems while developing process improvements where possible
- Have 2+ years of people operations/human resources (HR) experience managing People Ops programs, benefits, and compliance
- Exhibit strong and professional communication skills — written, verbal, and presentation
- Are hyper organized with a strong attention to detail and your dependable follow through builds a sense of trust with those around you
- Have the aptitude to manage numerous time-sensitive requests and can identify points of escalation when necessary
- Are proactive, resourceful, and self-driven to work independently with minimal supervision, while still providing progress updates and sharing information in a productive manner
- Have a high level of integrity and a strong moral compass – you believe in doing what’s right and know the importance of confidentiality
- Thrive in a team environment
- Find meaning and purpose in helping others
Particle is the most widely-used Internet of Things (IoT) platform. We’ve built the largest community of developers and engineers in the industry, and we’ve shipped more than hundreds of thousands of development kits to 170 countries. Hundreds of IoT products, from smart home appliances to industrial equipment, are being built on Particle’s platform. We are committed to making it easy for anyone to get their products online, and we support product creators of any size — from Fortune 500s to blossoming entrepreneurs.
We are inspired by our mission of enabling the next technological revolution, and by the incredible products that people build on our platform. We also support our Particle family and community by embracing our core values of caring, curiosity, openness, joy, and trust.
Everyone is welcome at Particle. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.