About the job
Remote UK (This role can be remote within the UK)
ABOUT RATED PEOPLE
Rated People is a dynamic marketplace tech company connecting c.1 million homeowners each year with our network of >50k trades businesses to get important jobs done across the whole of the UK. Our product is disrupting a £50 billion a year home improvements sector and helping trades services companies, which provide 1 in 12 jobs in the UK, grow their businesses. Our goal is to make home improvements stress free and enjoyable for both homeowners and tradespeople, to drive trust and make the process as smooth as possible.
We were recently named a Times 100 top place to work and are a VC-backed scale-up with a spacious HQ in Shoreditch and headcount of ca. 100 passionate, innovative employees. We delivered our first profitable year in 2020 (despite the pandemic!) and have ambitious growth goals with a people-first approach, as we genuinely believe that empowered, happy and motivated employees deliver better commercial results.
At Rated People, we live and breathe our 4 E values (empathise, enable, empower and experiment) and are looking for amazing culture contributors who share our core values and care about our culture just as much as we do! At Rated People, culture is not something that happens from the top down – everybody is a culture driver and has the autonomy to shape our working environment to make Rated People a psychologically safe, fun and inclusive space for everyone.
We’re looking for a passionate storyteller to help take our PR to the next level. Reporting to the Head of Brand Communications, this role will work to cement our position as a thought leader voice within the home improvement and home services space, drive continued positive press coverage to grow our owned channels, and work closely with the Brand team to champion our tradespeople and assert our positions on relevant key issues that shake the world we live in.
PR is a key brand building channel for us and you’ll be joining at an exciting time as we embark on a growth phase and seek to play a bigger and better role in the lives of homeowners and tradespeople.
We’re looking for a creative story-teller who can help us cement our position as a thought leader within UK home improvements, based on real people and real home improvement jobs. You’ll be a friendly and confident communicator, orally and in writing, and a pro at nurturing relationships. When it comes to your work, you have a can-do attitude and take pride in what you do – you have fantastic attention to detail so you easily spot typos and any inconsistencies. You’ll be a supportive team player and have the self-motivation to get stuck in and run your own channel. If you’re keen to learn, stretch and develop, this is the role for you.
- Being the main in-house PR contact for target media, generating positive coverage and building ongoing relationships with key journalists. You’ll manage a proactive and reactive press office, coming up with creative ideas for stories – and in due course – pitching them. You’ll handle crisis communications if needed with support.
- Taking responsibility for leading and executing engaging PR campaigns on time and on target, while working alongside our PR agency and in-house Marketing teams.
- Drafting editorial copy to support brand and PR campaigns such as press releases and blogs.
- Populating a PR calendar and ensuring that the Marketing Team have ongoing visibility of activity ahead of time. You’ll bring them onboard with your plans and feed activity into their calendars to enable multi-channel, integrated outputs.
- Creating a new press hub onsite to house past and present PR activity and working with the Head of Brand Communications and Senior Creative Communications Lead to create a press kit for media.
- Taking ownership of tracking, analysing and reporting on PR. You’ll keep the Head of Brand Communications up to speed with how activity is progressing and produce transparent weekly reports that give the Marketing Team and wider business more visibility on performance.
- Maintaining contact lists for media and key business connections and building out a list of customer ambassadors to draw on for press case studies and other Marketing activity.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a PR role, either in-house or agency. This could be from internships or having account executive/manager experiences.
- A genuine interest in home improvement/interiors and trades – you’ll be eager to talk to both our homeowner and trades audiences.
- No problem with monitoring and analysing performance data, reporting observations and action plans to stakeholders at all levels right up to our Senior Leadership team.
- Grammatical excellence and fantastic researching skills, with the ability to present findings in a clear and compelling way.
- Great project and time management skills, with the ability to work to deadlines to feed into non-stop news agendas.
- A good set of journalistic contacts across consumer, national, regional, lifestyle and trade verticals.
- Experience of working for a marketplace, dealing with B2B and B2C.
- Real knowledge of trade services or a closely related industry/ customer set will be advantageous.
- Experience of running corporate PR and CSR activities – but don’t be put off from applying if you don’t currently have this!
- Experience of working with influencers is a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
We’re proud to offer an environment perfect for creativity, fun and sharing ideas. We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits:
- 25 days holiday (plus one day for every year of service, max 30 days)
- Strong and inclusive company culture we all shape and take ownership and pride in, including companywide events, surprise and delights, roundtables and culture clubs
- Market-leading private medical insurance on ‘medical history disregarded’ terms, access to the virtual GP service (Babylon) and mental health cover
- Perx – Member Benefit Platform
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life assurance
- Travel loans
- Fresh fruit, coffee and tea and food cupboard
- Enhanced parental leave policy