Limeade is an employee experience software company that helps build great places to work. Our platform unifies employee well-being, engagement, and inclusion solutions with industry-leading communications capabilities. Recognized for its own award-winning culture, Limeade helps every employee know their company cares.
We’re committed to creating a mission-driven, positive and inclusive culture of improvement made up of the best and brightest people in the business. And we’ve got the awards to back it up: Puget Sound Business Journal ranked us #1 Best Workplace in Washington, and Seattle Business ranked us one of the top three Best Companies to Work for in Washington State. In addition, we’re one of the fastest-growing companies in North America (Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™), and Fortune magazine recognized us as a Best Workplace for Women. Limeade is a global company that embraces a distributed workforce and has users in more than 100 countries. Our headquarters are in Bellevue, WA.
About the role
The Product Design team is guided by a clear Design mission and vision, and a highly iterative user-centered design process. We trust the process to validate needs and assumptions that lead us to solve fundamental problems that impact companies around the world. You will be joining a group of people that thrives working and experimenting with methods and tools, while individually capitalizing on their backgrounds, skills, and interests to collaborate and challenge each other to bring out the best of each one.
- You have a growth mindset and want to learn from others through coaching and mentorship.
- You focus on creating solutions that solve the right problems for the users, even if that means having challenging conversations to negotiate requirements or add a new validation step in the process.
- You value collaboration and its role in an iterative design process by actively channeling an ego-less and open mindset.
- You master the art of communication -or you are actively working on it- and have the ability to effectively communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale, and the specifics of the user-centered design process.
- You are confident working in an English-speaking environment and enjoy it.
- You are comfortable with uncertainty and have the ability to navigate it (check this Twitter thread, it is a great example!).
- Ability to demonstrate our values in an ongoing and consistent way
- Portfolio with case studies of projects on which you were the primary designer, with moderate guidance from design leadership.
- You have shipped features, can speak to your process and can articulate the impact of what you worked on.
- Ability to articulate, negotiate, and refine design solutions with cross-functional partners.
- Proficiency in user-centered design thinking methodologies.
- Highly skilled in Sketch, Principle, Abstract, Invision, and other design & prototyping tools to craft the product’s interface and create high-def prototypes for validation and user testing.
- Ability to work pragmatically to meet deadlines while leaving room for future iteration.
- Experience working with design systems.
- Not afraid to fail but is driven by success.
- Ability to work collaboratively with people from all disciplines and levels.
- Ability to facilitate team discussions and help drive toward decisions.