Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works at remote.com/how-it-works ). We’re backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we’re all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook (at remote.com/handbook ) to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor . If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How We Work
We love working async ( www.notion.so/80c01cd443ad4c77a8ceaef7c5fba5d0 ) and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Product Manager, joining our Product team. You’ll have a massive impact on our organization, and will help create opportunities for millions of people around the world.
As a Product Manager at Remote, you’ll be developing and guiding our strategy for a key product area. You’ll advance this vision by working with a cross-functional engineering and design group to find our most important problems and shape iterative solutions towards them.
- Prior experience as product manager, ideally at a high-growth company
- Great judgment making both strategic (what to prioritize) and tactical (feature scope) decisions
- Demonstrable, self-driven results that have moved a product in the right direction
- A strong sense of design and UX
- A passion for products that just work, even if the problems they solve are boring and complicated
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills, including across different departments (e.g. business operations, sales, etc.) to ensure that we’re satisfying critical business requirements
- Business-level proficiency writing and speaking English
- Bonus: experience working in payroll, HR, benefits, fintech, or similar
- Bonus: experience working remotely
- Build solutions together with the rest of the team that solve for payroll, benefits, and other services Remote offers
- Own not just software implementation, but the end-to-end experience: Remote delivers value through services powered by both humans and software
- Lead on complex solutions without requiring support or involvement from senior members of the product team
- Effectively manage internal expectations for complex projects, products, and features while navigating challenging prioritization decisions
- Drive Remote in the right direction by building an effective roadmap and strategy for your area of the product
- Break down strategic plans into near and mid-term goals that’s easy for others to understand
- Align your product roadmap with higher level department and company problems we’re working to solve
- Ship improvements quickly and iteratively, challenging yourself and counterparts to find minimal solutions to problems
- Support and leads a product team delivering high throughput and high return on investment
- Advance key KPIs related to product team goals
- Work together with engineers and designers to build intricate solutions to complex problems
- Communicate and collaborate internally and externally
- Communicate and evangelize the product, roadmap, and process changes inside and outside of Remote
- Lead by example on asynchronous workflows and transparency
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
You can learn more about the benefits we’re offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page (at www.notion.so/people-Benefits-perks-1e48a5869c274f40910b76d405b92f63 ) .
- You’ll report to: Staff Product Manager
- Team: Product
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Async exercise and live exercise review with a peer
- Interview with an engineering leader
- Prior employment verification check(s)
- (async) Offer