About the job
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- 5 years of experience in product management with technical products.
- Experience in shipping software for consumer electronics.
- 7 years of experience in technically-oriented product management with a focus on consumer hardware.
- Experience in working with external partners (e.g., Original Design Manufacturers, Original Equipment Manufacturers, System-on-a-Chip vendors, and other silicon partners).
- Experience in working on virtualization systems.
- Experience in executing multi-year projects.
- Experience in working with large scale engineering organizations.
About The Job
At Google, we put our users first. The world is always changing, so we need Product Managers who are continuously adapting and excited to work on products that affect millions of people every day.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds. You can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development.
One of the many reasons Google consistently brings innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. Our team works closely with creative engineers, designers, marketers, etc. to help design and develop technologies that improve access to the world’s information. We’re responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting, and tailoring our solutions to our users.
As a Product Manager, you will work closely with hardware and software teams, operations, partner management, business development, other product management teams at Google, external device manufacturers, device brands, and return merchandise authorization(RMA) centers. You will set a roadmap for the device serviceability team including defining features that make devices repair fast and easy. This will require engaging with teams across the OS technology stake and weighing investments based on business and user needs.
Google aims to build products that organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible to our users. As a Product Manager at Google, you could be working on new technologies, platforms, consumer facing products, and/or enterprise systems. The end goal will be to match you with the team that best aligns with your interests, experience, and where you will have the most impact.
- Define the Chrome OS device serviceability near-term and long term direction, such as establishing a feature roadmap, intermediary milestones, and identifying technology investment opportunities.
- Set quarterly and annual objectives and priorities with internal and external partners.
- Partner with engineering teams, device brands, and RMA centers to define and build reliable and efficient repair processes.
- Collaborate with Engineering teams and peer platform managers in Mountain View, and other offices such as Colorado, Tokyo, and Sydney.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .