Caulfield Grammar School
About the job
Caulfield Grammar School is an internationally recognised, independent, co-educational school committed to providing exceptional educational opportunities from Early Learning through to Year 12. With over 3300 students across 5 campuses, Caulfield Grammar passionately strives to deliver innovative specialist educational programs enabling quality learning every day, in every experience, for every learner, for life.
This fixed term full time opportunity will see the ideal candidate provide professional project management support in all matters related to operations of Caulfield Grammar’s infrastructure and capital works programmes.
As the Project Coordinator, reporting to the Head of Strategic Infrastructure, you will work alongside a dynamic project management team, coordinating and administering requirements of strategic projects efficiently and effectively.
- Prepare project documentation required for the procurement of consultants and contractors’ scope of works, tender documents, comparative tender/quote analysis and provide recommendations accordingly
- Load and maintain project budgets and report on financial performance
- Oversee governance and risks associated with projects
- Liaise effectively with internal and external key stakeholders
- Assist in project progress reporting and meetings including preparation of committee reports and board papers.
- Provide direct administrative assistance to the Head of Strategic Infrastructure
- Provide efficient project management support across all operations with adherence to internal policies, legislation, and governance principles
- Model and live the Caulfield Grammar School values and behaviours
Skills and Qualifications:
- Solid experience in client side project coordination and administration
- Understanding and experience in the entire project process from inception to completion of construction and transition to operations, the many nuances, stakeholders, authorities and risks associated with each stage
- Knowledge of Aust Standards pertaining to construction, contracts, compliance, and risk management.
- Ability to work effectively with staff at all levels, including executives, committees, and board level communication
- Effective communication, report writing, stakeholder management and time management skills.
- Experience in preparation of Board reports, business cases and / or other reports typical for internal reporting and to secure approvals
- High degree of judgement, negotiation, and interpersonal skills to resolve issues that may arise.
- Advanced MS Office and Project Management Software skills
- Strong administrative experience, delivering exceptional customer service (internal and external) working autonomously in a fast-paced work environment.
- Seasoned experience with budget, risk and program reporting
- Relevant degree in Project Management / Construction Management / Engineering / Architecture / Law or similar
- Experience in Corporate Governance will also be highly desirable
- Hold or able to attain an Employment Working with Children’s Check