About the job
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of new and exciting ideas.
To Keep Up The Pace, We’re Establishing Three Global Practices
The world is changing, and so are we. Our organisation is rapidly becoming more agile, connected, and sustainable.
- Engineering & Design
- Consultancy, Strategy & Advisory
- Project & Programme Management
These will exist to connect our international capabilities and knowledge, accelerate digital adoption, and promote and share innovation. As the heart and home of our technical expertise, Global Practices will enable us to deliver even more of the intelligent, digital solutions that we’re respected for.We are seeking to appoint talented and passionate project managers to join our newly appointed Global Practice teams.
Purpose Of The Role
To execute successfully transformational projects associated with the Global Practices. The projects will be drawn from the roadmap for each global practice and be designed to have an impact across SNC / Engineering Services business – improving how we win and deliver work globally. As a Project Manager within the Global Practices, you will also be a key confidante to the Global Practice Directors themselves – providing key business, strategic and technical support – to optimise their impact and effectiveness.
- Overseeing and managing high priority projects, influencing stakeholders, championing the needs of our global practice communities, and motivating teams to deliver our strategy using approaches such as 30, 60, 90 Day Sprints and Rapid Starts to galvanise and energise change from the ground up.
- Monitor timescales, communicating with relevant internal and external participants, driving forward the appropriate action and responses, and driving continuous improvement.
- Providing strategic advice to Global Practice Director to improve the daily management of the global practice communities, shaping and influencing the agenda and driving performance delivery both through and outside of the centre and regions.
- Preparation of briefing materials to support the Global Practice Director in meetings, speeches and presentations (internal & external), liaising with Internal Communications and business lines as appropriate.
- Read, research and summarise briefing papers provided to the Global Practice Director, for Executive Committees and Boards.
- Lead or assist in market research to support the Global Practice.
- Responsible for the facilitation and/or production and analysis of strategic data and KPI lead indicators, to assist effective decision-making and strategic planning.
- Attend meetings with the Global Practice Director and other parties (or alone, representing the Global Practice Director), recording feedback and actions and driving actions where appropriate.
- Respond to both internal and external correspondence, closely working with senior managers where appropriate or undertaking internal or external research (e.g. customer complaints, general correspondence).
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with global senior management to ensure good flow of information and effective workload management.
- Generate insights and ideas for the Global Practice Director to further develop the Directors profile within and outside the organisation e.g. organisation of relevant leadership events.
- Work closely with the Global Practice change manager and knowledge and information manager and coordinate activities to maximize efficiency and successful outcomes.
- Able to apply project, program and portfolio knowledge within global project plans.
- Understand, bring together, and build global communities.
- Understand the business capabilities and develop project plans to support go to market strategies alongside Strategic Growth Manager.
- Detailed knowledge of EDPM marketplace, and commercial and competitive environment.
- Excellent knowledge of all Office Suite and Tools, Teams, Whiteboards, Power BI and Presentation tools.
- Good working knowledge of project management tools and techniques.
- Able to absorb information rapidly, via both verbal and written communications.
- Highly numerate, and able to interpret statistical data.
- Superior communication skills; able to demand action and project progress whilst maintaining good relationships with all parties.
- Enthusiasm and passion; embracing change as a way of working with proven ability to challenge status quo.
- Strong customer focus.
- Proven ability to work in strict confidence.
- Able to work independently, using own initiative to produce work at a superior standard with minimal supervision.
- Flexible and adaptable regarding varying scope and workload.
- Also are you self-aware, open, connected, inspiring, enterprising, strong willed, social, restless, an ideas generator, delivery oriented, enthusiastic, energetic, and do you believe in yourself? If so, we want to hear from you.
- Chartered professional with APM or PMI preferred (or associate).
- High level of emotional maturity and resilience.
- Ability to build communities and champion practices.
- Influential networker able to build trusted partnership with peers. – Must Have.
- Essential – Degree level or equivalent.
- Preference – Breadth of experience in multiple markets/practice areas would be advantageous.
Meeting Your Needs
When you start with us, you’ll enjoy “Total Reward”, a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you’re supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let’s talk about any adjustments you might need.
YourReward at SNC-Lavalin (snclavalin.com).
More About Us
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you’ll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world. Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join.