- Job Purpose
Develop and execute strategic plans, programs, communications and stories that deliver high impact results focused across 5 key areas: Storytelling, Media Relationships, Proactively Managing Issues, Engaging Employees, and Driving/ Supporting the Business.
Effectively work with and support other Vietnam and APAC regional team members, and Business and HQ PA, to achieve desired outcomes.
2. Management Responsibilities
The Manager reports to the Head of Public Affairs, Vietnam. This role works in a matrixed way with others in Vietnam, Regional, Business and HQ PA.
3. Core Job Responsibilities
- Storytelling: Deliver impactful external visibility for Abbott through corporate storytelling. Results should center on corporate / enterprise stories, premier employer/employee stories, sustainability/citizenship stories, brand stories and reputation building stories. Work with the Public Affairs Director, Vietnam in the development and execution of an ongoing reputation building and stakeholder management programs in Vietnam for Nutrition, Diabetes Care and/or other businesses.
- Engaging Employees: Drive the ongoing employee communications for about 2,500 Abbott employees in Vietnam. Work with Vietnam leadership on strategic enterprise-wide employee communications, through editorial and content support, ‘One Abbott’ town hall/communication Quarterly meetings, cascading of business priorities, consultation, and toolkits/templates. Provide support to raise the internal communications capability of leaders in Vietnam. Align to the global plans and drive employee communications that increase the understanding of Abbott’s corporate brand. Take ownership for internal scorecards and updates.
- Proactively Managing Issues: Support the Public Affairs Director, Vietnam in managing issues related to Abbott’s business (key focus on Nutrition, Diabetes Care), either neutralizing/ keeping Abbott out of coverage, or ensuring Abbott message is delivered in coverage when desired. Work with Vietnam leadership to anticipate and identify potential issues and develop action plans to address them. Support the Public Affairs Director, Vietnam in managing day-to-day crises and issues. Ensure key contacts and key spokespeople in Vietnam understand when to engage Vietnam PA as it relates to an issue.
- Driving/Supporting the Business – Deliver communications across Vietnam that will build Abbott’s competitive advantage, position, and market share with key focus on Nutrition and Diabetes Care businesses. Convey stories about Abbott’s innovation in Vietnam.
- Agency management including budget and account management. Ensure PR agencies are optimally managed – from having contracts in place to ensure ROI and value for money.
- Scan and target opportunities for corporate reputation recognition / awards / executive visibility.
- Job Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree – preferably in English, Journalism or other communication-related major. Master’s degree desirable (MBA from a reputed school preferred).
- 3 – 6 years of experience in communications environments, including public relations agencies, corporate or division communications departments and journalism. Multinational experience with a Healthcare, Pharma, food/FMCG company preferred.
- Proven record in managing media and editor relations; stakeholder relations; business, brand and corporate communications; and issues/crisis management in a collaboration-oriented environment
- Experience in working in a cross-functional and global stakeholders
- Understanding of Vietnam market dynamics and U.S. business practices necessary
- Proven success in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment
- Fluency in English and Vietnamese, both written and verbal, required.
- Self-motivated, creative, understanding and passion for communications
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal – with the ability to present ideas in a clear, sharp, and concise way
- Attention to detail while focusing on the overall picture
- Excellent team player with ability to motivate and influence internal resources
- Strong project management and coordination skills
- Excellent organizing skills to ensure the keeping of accurate records and meaningful information for reporting and evaluation
- Proven ability to work on own initiative, meet deadlines, multi-task and work well under pressure
- Organized and efficient planner
Public Affairs Competencies
- Communication Skills
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Sense of urgency / speed of action
- Collaborative, results orientation