Preqin is an award-winning, independent, research company providing data and intelligence to the financial industry. Investment professionals use Preqin’s online products to obtain key information for business-critical decision-making. Preqin’s clients include fund managers, legal firms, institutional investors, financial advisors and placement agents. Primarily a data company; Preqin is also a fast-moving fintech with a strong growth record and a world-wide staff base. Owned by our founder, directors and employee shareholders, we care passionately about our customers, brand and the employees that make it all happen.
The Research & Data Operations team is responsible for engaging and maintaining strong relationships with EMEA-based fund managers, investors and service providers across the alternative asset classes. This Research Associate will work cross-functionally to ensure the growth and quality of the data featured on the Preqin Pro database.
The Research Associate will be responsible for reaching out to fund managers, investors and/or service providers in the EMEA region to build relationships and obtain valuable proprietary information. This information consists of investment activities and preferences, fundraising, performance and future plans. The role will also include handling data inquiries, quality assurance, data monitoring for consistency and client engagement regarding our Preqin Pro platform.
Salary: £24k + £2k bonus
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Proactively communicating and building relationships with key professionals of all levels within the alternative assets industry to obtain valuable proprietary information on past, current and future investment activities.
- Updating Preqin’s online database (CRM) with key financial information, statistics and analysis.
- Conducting bespoke statistical analysis for clients.
- Liaising with our teams in North America and APAC, as well as collaborating with other departments in the company, to deliver requests and provide solutions.
- Supporting senior team members on research projects and getting involved in further data enhancement and development activities.
- Contributing to research reports, blogs and publications occasionally.
- Conducting supplementary public/web research where necessary.
Key Requirements for this Role:
- Educated to degree-level (ideally a 2:1 expected or achieved) or equivalent relevant industry experience for a minimum of 1 year.
- A highly proactive and enthusiastic approach to relationship building.
- Strong research capabilities and investigative instincts.
- Effective in a target-driven environment, working towards set KPIs and performance metrics.
- Highly organised, self-motivated and collaborative.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is desirable but not essential.
- Previous work experience focused on communication and relationship management is desirable.
- A knowledge of alternative assets, and their place in the wider financial industry is desirable.
- Additional languages highly desirable as Preqin operates in a global market.
- The opportunity to work within a well-regarded organisation in a fast-growing sector.
- Develop your career in a high growth company with an international presence.
- Access to Preqin Perks after month 1. Our rewards, recognition and discount platform.
- Subsidised Private Medical Insurance via Vitality Health, after successful completion of probation, should you wish to.
- Interest-free season ticket loans on completion of probation (which is normally 3 months).
- A pension plan under auto-enrolment which currently requires a minimum employee contribution of 5% of annual salary. This is matched by an employer contribution of 4%. You can opt to contribute more should you wish to. After your 1-year service with the company the employer contribution will be enhanced to match your contribution up to a maximum of 10% of your pensionable earnings. This means that if you are contributing the minimum contribution of 5%, after your 1-year service, Preqin will automatically uplift the company contribution to 5% of annual salary.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- The company operates employee share schemes with the change to participate annually.
- Study support of up to £900 per annum for relevant business qualifications and enhanced support of up to $2,500 for CAIA.
- Excellent Offices in London close to Victoria station and the proximity to many shops and restaurants and London’s West End.
- Company-sponsored sports teams.
- Fruit baskets in the office twice a week
- Winter and summer office parties and a company-funded team social budget.
Our Company Values:
At Preqin we’re driven by our values: everything we do is in line with the six guiding principles we have set for ourselves.
- Quality Data and Solutions, Comprehensive Coverage: Preqin is the first port of call for alternatives data, research and tools.
- Customer Centricity: Our customers are the central focus of Preqin.
- Objectivity: Preqin is data led and impartial.
- Innovation: Preqin sits at the forefront of the dynamic alternatives industry.
- Collaboration: Effective communication is essential to our success.
- Personal Development: Our business is built as much on our people as it is on our data and solutions.
Our Shared Culture
Preqin is a fast-growing company, but we are passionate about keeping an entrepreneurial spirit at the heart of everything we do. Our aim is to deliver for our customers, but as one united, progressive, and successful team. Today, our more than 700 people globally share six core values. We strive for quality and put our customers first. We are objective, and we innovate, collaborate, and invest in our personal development. We also have fun together. We hold social events, play sports, and celebrate our shared successes.
Covid 19 note
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Preqin has closed its offices and moved staff to work from home. Our primary goals are to ensure the safety of our employees, and to keep providing our clients with the best-in-class support they have come to expect from us. However, we have not slowed our recruitment activity due to the outbreak, and have adopted a remote interviewing, onboarding and training process. Our growth plans have not stopped, and we anticipate onboarding a significant number of staff in the coming months.