Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona
To process required amount of donated merchandise in preparation for sale in Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona’s (GCNA) retail outlets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Financial – Sustains growth through financial stewardship & fiscal responsibility.
- Receives and processes merchandise, including pricing and ticketing.
- Meets minimum quota set for assigned department.
- Safeguards company property, including donated goods. Reports any incidents of theft, pre-selection, misappropriation or unauthorized possession of company property.
- Understands that any donated merchandise, whether saleable or not, is the property of Goodwill of Central Arizona and has no authorization to give it away for any reason.
Customer & Community – Collaborates with customers to understand and deliver customer’s needs & expectations.
- Assists customers on sales floor with questions or concerns.
Operational Excellence – Implements strategies to maximize resources and infrastructure.
- Inspects donated merchandise, as required, analyzing quality and determining proper category, size, and cleaning.
- Informs leader of any potentially hazardous and dangerous materials found while processing merchandise for storage and/or disposal.
- Maintains workstation in an organized and safe manner, free from food, drink, or other personal items, with the exception of water.
- Maintains a clean work environment, including restrooms and floors. Washes walls and windows, as directed.
- Responsible for following and ensuring all safety rules are complied with and appropriate safety equipment is used. Immediately takes action and/or reports any unsafe or potential hazards.
Team Goodwill – Promotes a culture that embraces growth & development to meet the needs of our team.
- May be cross-trained as a Retail Sales Associate.
- Models Goodwill Core Values – Trust, Collaboration, Engagement, Ownership, and Innovation.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
- Ability to speak and read English proficiently
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen, where applicable for position
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
You will be eligible for a comprehensive Total Rewards package, 1st of the month following 60 days of employment that includes the following:
- 5 Medical Plans
- Employer Funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 3 Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- 401K (Immediate participation upon hire)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off; Sick and Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- These are just a few highlights of our key benefit offerings!
Become a valuable part of our team and work for a company which has been named a Best Place to work by the Phoenix Business Journal 4 out of the last 5 years. Work for a company which has seen double digit growth year after year for nearly a decade. Work for a company which values diversity and is centered on success. Goodwill of Central & Northern Arizona – We Put People to Work!
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. We will make reasonable accommodation and modification, including adaptive devices, to assist any person with a disability to apply for and, if hired, to perform the duties the position they seek. Assistance could include help in completing on-line application as well as providing alternative communication, e.g., Braille and Large Print.