PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Inspires and empowers team members to embody safety and integrity as cornerstones of our culture and our way of life.
ALLOWANCE: 115-125K base (there’s some flex)
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Culture: 4+/5 on monthly team pulse.
- Culture: Increase near miss reporting to 50 per year
- Culture: Follow up on safety inspections’ findings with a corrective action plan immediately for emergencies and within one week for non-emergencies 100% of the time.
- Culture: Achieve 100% compliance with OSHA and company rules, and achieve TRIR and DART greater than or equal to targets.
CORE FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION / CRITICAL ELEMENT:
- Boots on the ground (30%): Proactively partner with plant team members, and build trusting relationships through mentoring and training. Perform 1 hour daily plant walk-throughs to shake hands, see if team members have what they need, coach and guide, conduct inspections, and develop trusting relationships. Plan and prepare for safety audits. Regularly review LOTO and implement procedures. Curiously engage team and leaders with regular check-ins to support quality plant team member experience while ensuring the completion of Safety Action Plan items. Inspire plant team members, generate momentum, and drive accountability for the team’s accomplishment of short and long term objectives.
- Department Management (20%): Sort out priority tasks and empower team members to implement related tasks to deliver on strategic objectives. Maintain weekly meetings with the Safety Department, and drives accountability in fulfilling agreements. Support and monitor team activities and responsibilities within the Safety program through weekly meetings with Safety Specialists. Coach Safety Specialists on HSP internal audits and best practices for resolving issues. Conduct regular 1:1 meetings with Production Supervisors to identify things that are working or that need changing, and empower the overall team to improve safety record and ensure compliance. Give and receive ongoing feedback from plant and departmental team members. Communicate with other departments about important information that directly impact cross-functional efficiency and the company achieving its goals.
- Subject Matter Expert (15%): Continually elevate forward-thinking industry knowledge concerning Safety, Regulatory, Respiratory Protection, Project Management, OSHA, Industrial Hygiene, Machine Guarding, Ergonomics and Subcontractors. Keep the Compliance Manager informed and updated on new policies. Report to the Compliance Manager with updates on policy, protocols and regulations. Support investigations around accidents and communicate with Corporate on findings and next steps.