About the job
No one should have to make life’s big decisions alone.
At Unibuddy, we’re on a mission to connect prospective students to current university students and staff. Shared experience empowers students with the information they need to make life’s first biggest decision: where to go to university and what to study.
Unibuddy’s technology helps Higher Education institutions enable prospective students to chat directly with student ambassadors and staff, and to take part in online live events. We provide data tools and insights so that universities attract, engage and retain a diverse student population.
Since launching in 2017, we’ve grown rapidly and now work with over 450 Higher Education institutions in 35 countries worldwide. We’ve raised over $33M from top-tier investors that will fuel our expansion and help us achieve our ambitious goal of empowering 10 million students to make the right choice about their Higher Education journey.
We’re looking for people to help us supercharge our growth, while we continue to embody the values that have got us so far already.
♂️ Your Mission
As a Sales Development Representative or University Partnerships Executive as we call them, you will help drive Unibuddy’s future growth by building relationships with prospective universities in the APAC region and helping to turn them into happy and successful users of Unibuddy.
You will manage the very start of the sales process, acting as the first point of contact for many institutions. You will nurture and qualify inbound leads, source new qualified leads to deliver to the sales team, and re-invigorate leads that have grown cold. Our clients come from all over the world and you will be responsible for developing opportunities with the team to identify key target markets, sectors, and organisations.
As we are a rapidly growing company you will gain exposure to all areas of the business, understanding the key success drivers and gaining invaluable experience for your future career. Success in this role will lead to opportunities for growth across the entire sales team with significant scope for future development.
With this opportunity you will …
- Develop expert-level knowledge of the APAC region and cultivate relationships with decision-makers across multiple Universities.
- Conduct high volume prospecting to qualify leads through calls, emails, social media, and other channels.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Account Executives to meet and exceed targets.
- Maintain strong relationships with the marketing team, leveraging campaigns to aid in outbound reach out.
- Understand the needs and structure of prospective universities to help solve recruitment challenges.
- Develop and implement innovative prospecting strategies.
- Gain knowledge of Universities and how they operate all over the world.
This might be for you if are…
- A dreamer. Someone who can take ownership of the APAC territory and visualise it’s full potential.
- A calculated risk-taker. You can think on your feet, act fast, and be confident in the logic behind your approach
- Humble. You are always looking to help your team, better yourself, and work toward a collective vision
- Inquisitive. Always seeking to understand, learn more, and ask why
- Organised. You’re a natural at juggling multiple competing priorities
- Resilient. “I get knocked down and I get up again” is your anthem
- Personable. With both internal and external stakeholders, you can hold your own with confidence
- Creative. There are a million ways to connect with prospects, and we want to encourage your creativity and help support your approach.
It would be a bonus if you can bring…
- Language skills – Mandarin or Cantonese.
- Experience working in sales, or at a SaaS Company. A business degree or other related field, related work experience is also acceptable.
- Experience being involved in your Universities enrolment activities or knowledge of the higher-education system in APAC.
What’s on offer
- Competitive salary plus commission and stock options.
- Fully remote role. You’ll need to be based in South East Asia
- Mental health support provided by Spill.
- Learning & development budget.
- 25 days of annual leave plus 4 additional days for the Christmas break and national holidays.
- Family friendly policy. Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
- Latest MacBook or PC. Monitor for your home is also provided.
- Home working setup. If you need a desk, chair, headphones or keyboard & mouse we have you covered.
- Socials, virtually and in-person for end of the year party to keep you globally connected with your team.
- Additional local benefits will apply depending on what country you reside in e.g. health insurance.
Ready to apply?
Great! Please send a CV and supporting statement which outlines why you would like to work with Unibuddy, and why you are well suited to this role. We encourage you to send us something that showcases your sales skills. Impress us.