The candidate will use their wealth of experience in Security Engineering/Response, Systems Engineering and/or Network Engineering, coupled with presentation and communication skills to directly support our clients and customers in all technical aspects. The role requires the candidate to give technical presentations, product demonstrations, proof of concept and pilot projects for Team Cymru’s solutions and services. The right individual will share our passion and Mission to save and improve human lives by making the Internet safer. Team Cymru is THE LEADER in Internet signal intelligence providing unparalleled global coverage and insight to better monitor, analyze and predict online activity affecting your business and mission.
- Deliver product presentations and demonstrations internally and externally on all relevant Team Cymru solutions.
- Support a sales team in new client acquisition and revenue growth within existing clients in concert with a customer success team.
- Understand the customer’s environment and needs, asset management, network security and help recommend appropriate products/services that meet these needs.
- Deliver product, technology and/or solution presentations to technical and business decision makers which may include system demonstrations, white-boarding and Q&A sessions to the client.
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales technical support, security engineering and technical guidance for the application and implementation of Team Cymru solutions and services.
- Travel within the U.S. and internationally, as required by Account Executives and project assignments.
- Assist with maintaining state of the art demonstration capabilities and other duties and projects as assigned.
- Strong customer relation/engagement skills with ability to collaborate and coordinate with traditional computer engineering technical disciplines and effectively communicate technical concepts to management and non-technical decision makers.
- Presentation skills to technical and non-technical audiences – ability to communicate to customers from a deeply technical to high executive C-level individuals.
- Excellent writing skills to include diagram and visual aid development
- Ability to demonstrate the practical application of cyber threat intelligence to enterprise incident response, incident detection, threat hunting and analytical problems.
- Metrics driven
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment where you have autonomy to refine the sales process
- Collaborates well with others, take ownership of your work and aren’t afraid to fail
Education and Experience:
- BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security or similar degree or equivalent experience.
- A minimum 3 years demonstrated technical experience in cyber security.
- Prior experience with various security tools (SIEMs, EDR/XDR, IDP/IPS, TIPs, etc)
- Knowledge of networking topology, TCP/IP protocol, network components (firewalls, routers, etc.) and network forensics.
- Prior experience with vulnerability management and remediation.
- A deep understanding of Internet protocols and how they work (HTTP, SMTP, etc.).
- Understanding of software exploitation methods, industry standard methods of scoring of those exploits and how they relate to business disruption.
- Deep understanding of methods to identify systems and assets.
Travel frequency depends on applicant location and opportunity needs.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.