About the job
Sales Manager, APAC (School Sales)
OWN Academy empowers youth to discover their purpose and design their future through 21st Century Career Exploration and Experiences. We contextualize 21st Century skills with a focus on Creativity, Entrepreneurship and Innovation through our events and programs. We are a company that is built with young people for young people. We engage with a lot of interns, OWN Academy ambassadors, as we see OWN Academy as a training ground in working with students.
With our business growing, we are looking for a high performing Sales Manager, APAC (School Sales), in the education industry, who understands the challenges of it and the urgency in the need to transform. You are a team player, an entrepreneur at heart, working with a dynamic team and empowered to build an education movement together. This person needs to be responsible, work independently and is goal oriented, a lateral thinker who is not afraid to experiment, iterate and always willing to improve. Not to mention, he or she must be empathetic, sensitive, a kind hearted soul.
The ideal candidate should love the interconnectivity of sales and marketing, understand the big picture and is obsessed with delivering our brand mission. He or she must be digitally savvy (understands and knows how to use all social media platforms), capable of creating effective sales strategies/campaigns as well as executing and meeting sales targets.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably business, marketing, or related field.
- At least 5 years sales experience with proven track record, 2-3 years in B2B school/ education institution sales and business development (career counseling background is advantageous).
- Owning a network of schools, educational institutions in Singapore, Hong Kong, and other parts of Asia Pacific is A MUST
- Conduct market research, strategize and execute on sales strategy.
- Identify target audiences and potential sales leads through marketing campaigns or Linkedin research, to be equipped with CRM knowledge.
- Create the company market proposition and recognition in the industry.
- Creative, with analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze data for decision making.
- Strong ownership, performs independently and works harmoniously in a team.
- English is a must, Cantonese and Mandarin are preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- The role can be based anywhere, within the APAC timezone.
OWN Academy’s offer:
- Start-up environment, young, dynamic and transparent working culture.
- Hard work, with fun times.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- Fully remote team across Asia, highly autonomous.
- APAC exposure, hyper growth.