BeMo Academic Consulting Inc.
Sales Specialist – Full-time, Remote
Application Deadline: February 13th @ 11:59 PM EST
**This opportunity is available for individuals located in Canada and looking for a long-term role!**
BeMo has an immediate need for an experienced, top caliber sales professional to join our team as a Sales Specialist. The selected candidate will mainly focus on speaking with our prospective students and converting them to raving fans and paying students. Note this role includes zero cold calls, as all leads are warm leads who want to speak with us. The role also includes providing support to our current students when our support team requires help as needed.
Are You the Needle in a Haystack?
Would you like to contribute to our mission of helping students achieve their academic and career goals?
Would you like to help us promote diversity so that everyone has an equal chance at higher education regardless of racial, cultural, or socioeconomic background?
Would you like to be part of a team that is shaping the future of admissions?
If you answered “yes”, here’s a little bit about us:
You’ve probably never worked with anyone like us before. We’re an innovative team of practicing professionals, researchers, and scholars, with a passion to help students reach their academic and career goals. We often go above and beyond to deliver the best possible services we can to our students. We make sure we are highly knowledgeable about the ever-changing landscape of admissions by studying and researching admissions trends. We take our own medicine and we are constantly training to keep our individual performance and the performance of our company exceptional.
We take our role very seriously and contribute to our company on a consistent basis. When things need to get done, we don’t care what time of the day or day of the week it is, we get the job done. We know how to manage our time and competing demands. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our services and impact and we are not afraid to share our ideas and collaborate with our team members. We put our company and our missions first. This is not a “job” to us. This is a calling. Our passion for mentoring our students and making admissions fair and scientifically sound is what gets us up in the morning. Importantly, we understand that our company is only as great as its individual members. That’s how we have become a leading academic consulting firm and that’s why we are extremely selective about our team and only pick the very best to join us and we do everything we can to support them.
We want to foster an environment where we drive team members to succeed within their role and believe in the mission and values of BeMo.
If you are resistant to coaching because you believe you already know everything, if you are seeking a side job just to make a few bucks or to add another entry to your resume, if you normally don’t pay much attention to detail, or if you are looking for a short-term gig with little impact and growth, then we’re probably not right for you.
If you are extremely detail oriented, obsessed with delivering only the best service, have outstanding written and verbal communications skills, willing to learn more and implement new strategies, love to be a part of the team to change the future of admissions, and looking for a long-term mission with significant impact on society, then you need to apply. Now.
What We Offer:
- Freedom to work from anywhere around the world. You never have to go to the “office”.
- Opportunity of stocks/shares in our fast growing company for exceptional team members that embody our core values.
- Opportunity for growth, independent project development, and career advancement.
- Make a huge difference in the lives of aspiring future professionals and contribute to our outstanding success rate.
- Be a part of our fast growing, innovative, and leading EdTech mission.
- Comprehensive health, dental, and disability insurance benefits for full-time team members and their spouses without coverage.
- Generous self-directed vacation policy for full-time team members.
- $1,000 yearly professional development fund for full-time team members.
- Quarterly team dinners and fun events.
- We are proudly listed on The Career Directory as one of Canada’s best employers for recent graduates.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Educate prospective students about our products and services via email, phone, and live chat and convert them into paying students. (note: zero cold calls. The calls are warm leads that request to speak with us)
- Provide exceptional customer support to our current students via email, phone, and live chat.
- Create and maintain detailed student records and records of student acquisition.
- Continuously create and implement new strategies to improve our customer support and student acquisition.
- Provide administrative support by helping our consultants with any troubleshooting using our online systems and platforms, and store/analyze simple data using Excel/spreadsheets for our Student Support team.
- Handle highly confidential documents with extreme care.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in sales of any type. (note: This role involves zero cold calls. The calls are warm leads that request to speak with us)
- Tech savvy, complete comfortability with technology, and a love of learning new technology.
- Extremely well-versed with online research.
- Must be a self-directed learner with the ability to systematically experiment to improve our customer service/sales procedures.
- Must be proficient with the use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and seek and learn the use of new software to improve efficiency and record keeping.
- Bilingualism (English and French) is considered an asset.
- Bonus: Availability to work an evening and weekend schedule.
Traits of Successful Applicants:
- Must be looking for a long-term role and not looking for a “stepping stone” short-term gig.
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized.
- Extremely humble and eager to learn.
- Tech savvy.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to plan in advance and anticipate any possible setbacks.
- Excellent verbal communications and writing skills.
- Ability to act independently with very little supervision and have a great work ethic.
- Managerial attitude taking full responsibility for assigned roles.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Must have access to a quiet private room with a door that’s noise and distraction free.
- Must have access to an ergonomic chair and desk.
- Must have access to high speed and reliable Internet with minimum download speed of 10 Mbps.
- Adaptable to a continuously changing environment in a fast-growing company.
Our Hiring Process:
Our hiring process includes a review of your application, a skills assessment test, a virtual interview and lastly, a face-to-face interview with select members of our team via video conference, followed finally by reference calls.
How to Apply:
Simple. Click “Apply” to complete the short application form.
Please quote job #23127 on the application form.
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applicants, but if we feel that you’re a strong match, we will be in touch via email to proceed with your application. Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you!
BeMo is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
BeMo is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.