Kiwi Edutech company Crimson Education was founded in 2013 with the idea that through personalized education, we can transform students into the world leaders of tomorrow. Since then, we have rapidly grown into a mission-driven team who are dedicated to building the education system for the 22nd century. Our network includes 2,400 tutors and consultants worldwide who work with over 20,000 students.
Our tech platform connects tutors and mentors to high school students aiming to achieve admission and scholarships to top universities in the US, Canada, UK, and beyond.
Our office is located on the 37th floor of the Taipei 101 building. We are looking for a Business Development and Sales Enthusiast to be based in Kaohsiung.
This is a full-time position, based in Taiwan with a remote option. The normal working time is Tuesday to Saturday, 10 am – 7 pm.
The purpose of this role is to sell a variety of Crimson programs by:
- Business development: Working with marketers to generate target leads and nurturing events to clients who are currently in the sales funnel
- Sales: Presenting, pitching, and promoting services to prospective and current clients the Crimson offers (crimson core consulting, crimson research institute, internship, crimson global academy, athletic consulting, tutoring, and more) to achieve their educational goals and meet given revenue targets.
- Sales administration: diligently record all sales information into Salesforce and generate weekly reports on sales and marketing pipeline
What are the main responsibilities of this role?
- Achieving agreed-upon sales targets and outcomes
- Identifying and interacting with new leads/customers across the Taiwan region
- Moving leads through the sales funnel from marketing-ready to sales-ready
- Establishing rapport with new leads via phone, in-person encounters, and email to initiate sales consultations
- Establishing, developing, and maintaining positive and professional relationships with students and families as they move from prospect to opportunity to current customers in order to drive referrals and trust
- Conducting sales consultations and academic assessments in a professional manner that aligns with the Crimson brand and culture.
- Promoting the value of Crimson products as per the company sales process to prospective customers in ways that meaningfully serve their goals
- Consistent and timely onboarding with 3 hours of the signing of new clients and 24 hours of business time to the Education Coordination team as per Crimson’s new client onboarding process
- Contacting existing clients to inform and up-sell them on new developments within Crimson’s product offering that you think would add value to their lives and experience
- Expediting the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction to education coordinator
- Continuously improving sales techniques and enhancing industry knowledge through self-development
- Traveling to meet with leads and customers around the region
- Working with the Local Area and Digital Marketing Teams to develop/enhance lead generation methods by identifying opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in leads that convert to sales
- Engaging in outreach activities such as presenting at school talks, careers expos, and Crimson seminars
- Obtaining referrals by always going above and beyond to deliver student outcomes and family satisfaction
- Sourcing potential organizations and markets for lead generation/partnerships
- Preserving goodwill in partnerships by providing value to stakeholders
- Attending industry events and providing feedback and information on market trends
- Networking with high-net-worth individuals to acquire new leads and channels
- Ensuring that data is diligently and accurately entered/managed within Crimson’s Client Relations Management (CRM) system
- Helping in the training of new sales personnel wherever relevant
- Maintaining effective communication with the Accounts team to ensure timely payment of accounts
- Providing feedback and suggestions on how to improve sales processes
- Producing reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
What skills and experience are required?
- Fluency in English and Mandarin – Spoken, Written, and Speaking.
- 2+ years of experience in sales, Luxury sales or high touch point B2C sales preferred but not required
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Professionalism, Time and Stress Management, Result Driven, Confidence, Positive attitude (patience, empathy), Willingness to learn and go the extra mile for clients.
- An abroad university degree or living experience (US, EU, and UK as priority) will be required
- Experience using CRM (Salesforce) and multiple systems and platforms
Why work for Crimson?
- Competitive compensation with uncapped commission
- Flexible working location
- Rapidly growing, hyper-global, EdTech startup (named GVT Top150 EdTech companies)
- Join a high-performing, diverse, and ambitious team
- Utilizing innovative tech to reimagine the education landscape
- Limitless growth and development opportunities