Dentsply Sirona is the world’s largest manufacturer of professional dental products and technologies, with a 130-year history of innovation and service to the dental industry and patients worldwide. Dentsply Sirona develops, manufactures, and markets a comprehensive solutions offering including dental and oral health products as well as other consumable medical devices under a strong portfolio of world class brands. Dentsply Sirona’s products provide innovative, high-quality and effective solutions to advance patient care and deliver better and safer dentistry. Dentsply Sirona’s global headquarters is located in Charlotte, North Carolina. The company’s shares are listed in the United States on NASDAQ under the symbol XRAY.
Bringing out the best in people
As advanced as dentistry is today, we are dedicated to making it even better. Our people have a passion for innovation and are committed to applying it to improve dental care. We live and breathe high performance, working as one global team, bringing out the best in each other for the benefit of dental patients, and the professionals who serve them. If you want to grow and develop as a part of a team that is shaping an industry, then we’re looking for the best to join us.
The Senior Accountant has responsibility for effective strategic and operational financial accounting, and compliance for the location and the associated fiduciary responsibility.
This position is a key member in accounting team of the location to support Accounting Manager on accounting works and ad-hoc projects.
Maintenance of the location accounting books and records
- Ensure maintenance of the location accounting books as per USGAAP (for Corporate reporting) and Vietnamese GAAP (for local statutory requirement).
- Ensure maintenance of adequate records, including subsidiary ledgers and detailed records of balance sheet account analyses. These subsidiary ledgers and detailed records must be agreed or reconciled to the General Ledger on a monthly basis.
- Handles all transactions related to Revenue/ Inventory/Costing/ Intercompany/ Fixed asset modules.
- Ensure that the end to end inventory accounting is accurate and efficient.
- Review key business cycles to ensure appropriate controls and procedures are in place.
- Institute and maintain proper accounting control over asset acquisition, cash and bank accounts, payables processing, account receivables, etc.
- Ensure compliance with Corporate accounting policy as defined in Corporate Finance Accounting Manual.
Month end closing & reporting
- Verify timely financial and accounting transactions with the general ledger system. To be involved in supervising and maintaining an efficient financial accounting function, including continuous review of sub-ledger reconciliation, inventory stock take and fixed assets registers.
- Perform inventory reserve, sales return reserve, deferred warranty income and warranty expense reserve, accruals, inter company reconciliation, etc, various complex general accounting duties including development of reports and analysis of variance/specific accounts as required. Prepare respective journal accurately and timely. Ensure monthly/ quarterly/ annual accounts closing per Regional & Corporate timelines and upload of the results to Hyperion.
- Ensure the preparation and distribution of timely and accurate operating/financial statements to both internal management and external users.
- Manage month-end/quarter-end/year-end closing to ensure BS and PL are reflected sufficiently and complied with internal controls.
- Verify and submit monthly VAT, prepare CIT and Deferred Tax calculation.
- Submit location reporting to Corporate, including but not limited to, tax packages, GER report, Allowance for bad debt report, cash flow reports, Netting report, Schedule N & O etc
Controls & Compliance
- Evaluation and continuous strengthening of internal control system.
- Compliance with the legislations/ regulations applicable to the legal entity as appropriate.
- Timely filing of tax, secretarial and other quantitative returns for the legal entity.
- Complete the statutory audit and related prescribed formalities to the authorities as per timelines.
- Ensure SOX testing as per timelines and compliance with SOX standards as applicable.
- Complete regulatory reporting as applicable to the entity within prescribed timelines.
- Coordinate with External auditors/ consultants to prepare Audited Financial Statement, CIT finalization and Transfer Pricing for the location.
- Use best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve services to business.
- Provide training and support to more junior associates.
- University graduated with Finance/ Accounting background.
- Strong technical knowledge of local accounting and taxation rules and regulation.
- Obtained Chief Accountant certificate is advantage.
- 8+ years experience in financial accounting in which 03 years in GL accountant (MNC preferred)
Specific Knowledge /skills
- Deep understanding of finance, accounting, and US GAAP.
- ERP based accounting system and Hyperion Reporting system experience is preferable, proficient in MS Office applications especially Excel & Power-point.
- Able to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Good team player, integrity, discipline, pay attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Good written and spoken English is a pre-requisite.
What we offer
- Develop faster with our commitment to the best professional development;
- Perform better as part of a high-performance, empowering culture;
- Shape an industry with a market leader that continues to drive innovation; and
- Make a difference by helping improve oral health worldwide.