The Business Development Manager is responsible for growing profitability by
- building the market position, identifying growth opportunities and leading the development and delivery of new products, applications and services to the customer, growing and expanding existing business and/or
- developing business development plans and advising management, and after approval, ensuring proper implementation, in order to generate / maintain competitive edge and contribute to realization of Nutreco medium and long term objectives, developing new businesses,
The role of Business Development Manager is used in different meanings. At more hands-on / operational levels, it may be an operational sales development role, but also a seasoned market analyst. Generally, the role refers to developing market opportunities from a strategic point of view, and is less involved in developing actual sales objectives.
Developing a business involves more than just developing market opportunities. All business functions such as manufacturing, product development, procurement and logistics should be investigated and established. A genuine Business Development Manager therefore, develops the integral business approach in a market, covering the full range of business development projects, up to and including new production facilities and M&A projects.
- Planning & Strategy
- Contributes to the formulation of the business strategy for Nutreco, from the business development perspective, leading to mid/long term plans and a
framework for the strategy
- Develops and implements strategies for growth with customers that define the business potential and detail a process for capturing it. This includes
identifying the key decision makers, products, pricing, technical support needs, and other resources required to close sales
- Sets up and implements a year plan for the business development activities, including budget(s), based on the Nutreco’s strategy
- Business and market intelligence
- Conducts and merges complex internal and external analysis. Carries out structural and ad hoc analysis and advanced analytics in order to transform data
and research into useful information, which offer useful insights and recommendations to the designated business area.
- Analyses competitors, market data and market developments activities, in order to advise on issues concerning expansion and (dis)continuation of activities
in specific markets.
- Recognizes new market segments and opportunities for business development, makes a calculation of returns and investment, and gains agreement for the
investment, resources, and actions required for the developments.
- Business Development initiatives
- Examines potential business opportunities by analysing market strategies, customer requirements, potential, and financials; evaluate options; make value
propositions, resolve internal priorities; recommend equity investments.
- Supports the development of innovations and renovations with regard to multidisciplinary co-operation requested by the CEO, in order to lay the integrated
foundation of successful product-market combinations, new markets / new geographies entries, creation of new revenue streams.
- Works across Nutreco business units to identify and develop opportunities to leverage existing products and capabilities as well as new products and
- Supports M&A and Divestment projects by providing business and market insight to support M&A / divestments operations.
- Project Management
- Leads Business Development projects as project manager, responsible for scope, quality, time and budget of the projects. Controls the budget of the
business development activities, takes corrective actions when necessary, and ensures adequate reporting, within corporate guidelines, to ensure that the
business development budget is delivered and meets KPI objectives.
- Manages customer growth initiatives and integrating contract requirements with business operations by working with cross-functional teams within Nutreco
and with the customers.
- Lead cross-functional teams in the development, communication and implementation of strategies to capture opportunities and grow business globally with
current and prospective customers and new products in the market category(s).
- Networking and knowledge management
- Develops external customer and industry relationships to gain sufficient understanding of market drivers, trends and unmet needs. Communicates these
within the organization and makes proposals on how to act, react, and manage opportunities.
- Works closely with account managers to understand business requirements and market needs.
- Responsible to demonstrate and instills core corporate values and business processes, align stakeholders as well as to coach and mentor team and
business unit personnel.
- Builds and increases knowledge of Nutreco products for industrial applications of various product lines.
Nutreco is a global leader in animal nutrition and fish feed. Our advanced nutritional solutions are at the origin of food for millions of consumers worldwide. Quality, innovation and sustainability are guiding principles, embedded in the Nutreco culture from research and raw material procurement to products and services for agriculture and aquaculture. Experience across 100 years brings Nutreco a rich heritage of knowledge and experience for building its future.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nutreco is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, military status or any other status protected by applicable local law. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation. Nutreco is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation, including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities.