Standard Chartered Bank
About Standard Chartered
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance,with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
- To act as a Team Manager and/or Team Leader on assigned audit work involving Taiwan across the Group;
- To act as Team Manager and/or Team Leader and take responsibility for overseeing the planning and execution of the audit, maintaining the audit budget, including drafting of audit issues and the audit report;
- To ensure that assigned audit work is executed in an efficient and effective manner, within the given budget and timelines, and in line with GIA methodology standards;
- To clearly explain the risks and impact of issues identified during testing to GIA and business management
- The individual may support in department wide exercises such as annual planning, risk assessment and training.
- To actively manage relationships with senior auditee management and stakeholders;
- To support GIA audit teams by providing product/country knowledge and expertise for their audits relating to the individual’s area of expertise;
- To provide ongoing continuous monitoring support to Country Head of Audit (CHOA) in respect of the business and raise issues and observations outside of formal audit work to expedite rectification of control weaknesses; and
- Issue validation: Ensure that all audit issue action plans agreed during audit fieldwork are tracked through to completion in accordance with methodology requirements
- relationships to help the businesses improve the control environment and keep updated with changes in the business impacting their risk profile;
- Ensure clear communication of findings/issues/root causes to all relevant clients and monitor/escalate any overdue actions plans to the appropriate business manager and/or governance committee for resolution; and
- Ensure timely escalation of delays in execution of audit work, both to auditee management and GIA management.
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in GIA; and
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Wholesale banking audit experience of 10+ years or core audit experience of 10+ years with wholesale banking experience
- Good communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate thoughts in both English and Chinese (both verbal and writing)
- Team player and curious to learn
- Strong knowledge of Taiwan banking regulations
- Experience or interest in sustainability and climate risk
- People leader experience is preferred
- Experience with data (e.g. ACL, Power BI, Tableau etc.) or has a data driven mindset is desired
- Professional qualification is desired (e.g. 高業, CIA, CPA, CFA etc)
- TABF certified banking auditor is desired