The Lead/Senior Backend Developer, as part of the Scrum Team, is responsible for designing, developing, and testing technical solutions and contributing to the team delivering a quality product that meets the project’s requirements. They will also act as a mentor within the team.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Be able to communicate technical concepts the client requirements ensure delivery of a quality technical solution
- Work closely with senior stakeholders to understand business requirements and help translate these into technical requirements for the development team
- Be able to explain roles responsibilities within Scrum Team how to work within Agile environment
- Contribute clean code and ensure consistent delivery of a high quality standard as expected within team
- Mentor junior team members and ensure they adhere to determining software quality standards
- Do peer code reviews provide constructive feedback
- Write user stories guide other team members do so
- Contribute manuals and/or technical documentation implementation configuration
- Identify system issues and suggest effective solutions for your team
- Maintain and develop backend applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Be able to communicate in English well (speaking, listening and writing)
- Proficient with git version control and git workflows.
- Proficiency Java Application Frameworks (Hibernate, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud and other Spring libraries)
- Understanding of object-oriented principles and several design patterns
- Good understanding of RESTful API, JSON, JWT, SOAP, XML
- Good understanding of Microservices, DNS and Load Balancing and any docker containers platforms. Familiarity with the Openshift container platform is a plus.
- Experience with databases such as PostgreSQL and MySQL. Familiarity with Liquibase is a plus.
- Strong troubleshooting, problem-solving skills, and willing to provide technical support.
- Ability to be flexible, learn quickly, and work within a team
- Good knowledge of Jenkins, Shell Script, application servers, and any Linux OS is a plus.