South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
In the Climate Neutral Applications team we aim to make climate action a part of everyday activities. Every check-out, every booking, any online activity can and should be a climate action. To achieve this we are engaging e-commerce merchants, retailers and other B2C software platforms to make climate action a part of every customer interaction.
The Senior Business Development Manager for Climate Neutral Applications is responsible together with the regional business development teams to source new customers and business contacts in the e-commerce, B2C platforms, software companies and retail industry. In addition, you will be responsible to demonstrate the integration of our climate action, drive sales, and maintain strong customer relations.
To be successful in this role you should have a thorough understanding of e-commerce and other B2C infrastructure, processes and systems and how climate action (offsetting) could be integrated. Ultimately, success is driven by understanding the needs of the client and providing them with the right solution.
We will welcome applicants who do not have experience in Sustainability but you should be able to demonstrate a keen interest in the topic.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Responsible for creating new business opportunities to grow South Pole’s business in the Climate Neutral Applications practice in the APAC region.
- Lead and drive the Climate Neutral Applications strategy in APAC in close collaboration with the Director Climate Neutral Applications
- Understand client needs and identify business opportunities. Be the advocate to the customer towards the internal stakeholders
- Lead virtual teams of sales and consultants to find and close new business and implement the customer solution
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders in sales, marketing and delivery team to define the go-to-market strategy
- Engage with the global key account management team to leverage the existing pool of South Pole clients for Climate Neutral Applications leads. Develop compelling offers and proposals together with our product experts and consultants
- Responsible to close commercial agreements with clients and business partners
- Represent South Pole in client meetings, at conferences and trade shows
- Identify market trends and provide inputs for product & service development
- Instil pride in the South Pole brand, inspire and motivate team members
- Proven track record of selling in South-East Asia, approximately 10+ years
- Experience selling to E-commerce/IT/Software industries
- Fluency in English and Mandarin is highly desirable
- Willingness to travel at least 40% of the time
- Experienced working in small interdisciplinary teams, ideally within an international and multicultural context
- Understanding of the business drivers behind corporate climate actions and initiatives (e.g. SBT, RE100, carbon neutrality)
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.