City of Melbourne
About the job
$93,770 – $105,546 Salary plus 10% Superannuation (depending on experience)
We are the City of Melbourne, a City of possibility and place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
The Senior Coordinator Event Operations is responsible for leading and managing three positions that primarily coordinate bookings in relation to weddings, filming, promotions and events, and who implement and administer policies and processes on behalf of the branch.
The Senior Coordinator will provide daily support and technical guidance to the wider Event Operations Tteam in relation to coordinating the logistical, operational and risk management requirements for events and activities in the city’s streets, laneways, parks, gardens, and other public spaces. The Senior Coordinator will also be required to engage with internal and external stakeholders at an operational level to ensure effective consultation to underpin the permitting of events and activations in public open space.
What you will bring … (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline (highly desirable) or an equivalent level of professional experience in event planning or event operations (essential).
- Strong understanding of the role of events and activations in delivering on Capital City economic, objectives.
- Demonstrated capacity to interpret and apply relevant legislation, regulations, local laws, statutory guidelines, and operational event plans and effectively implement as required.
- Commitment to customer service and proven ability to liaise effectively with customers to find the best possible outcomes for individual situations.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with ability to nurture and maintain effective internal and external stakeholder relationships and negotiate and analyse issues and resolve them in a consultative manner.
- Ability to motivate, develop and lead a team to achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated understanding of risk management and mitigation strategies.
- Ability to identify gaps and areas for improvement and take the necessary steps to address them.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
It is a mandatory requirement of the City Of Melbourne for all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19