South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
As a Senior HR Specialist, you report to the APAC HR Services Manager and you’ll support the region in executing all global HR processes covering the full employee life-cycle. You will be responsible for all HR operations in your region and will ensure all key HR policies and procedures are understood and implemented. This is a true generalist position offering the opportunity to get involved in all areas of HR such as recruitment, performance, management, benefits administration, hiring and onboarding, exits, employee relations, HR administration, etc. In addition you will have the opportunity to lead HR process improvements, HR policies design & implementation, provide insights to HR metrics/analytics, and participate in HRIS implementation.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Be accountable for all day to day HR Services across Singapore, China & Hong Kong and provide support to APAC region (Indonesia, Australia, Thailand and India)
- Partner with Global COE team and HR Business Partners to implement global HR programs locally
- Be the first point of contact in your region for employees with regards to any HR-related questions or concerns
- Support occasionally recruitment activities including creating and posting job ads, interacting with candidates, doing screening calls, scheduling interviews, sending out questionnaires and technical tests, liaising with hiring managers, making offers, etc.
- Managing the full new starters’ hiring process, including preparing offer letters and employment contracts as well as any other hire-related documents, registering new hires with insurances/pension and other government bodies, delivering the HR induction to new hires, liaising internally with Heads of Operations, IT, hiring managers, etc. to ensure a seamless onboarding
- Handling any work permits or visa processes for employees within your region
- Managing all employee benefits such as health insurances, pension funds, vacation allowances, service awards, etc. including implementing new benefits in your region
- Providing inputs to payroll such as salary information, benefits, departures, workload changes, etc.
- Handling employee relations matters such as questions, complaints, grievances, disciplinary matters, etc. within your region
- Preparing exit documentation, doing exit interviews and handling all exit processes such as returning laptop, closing accounts with IT, etc.
- Maintain and update global company documents such as policies, org charts, prepare HR metrics for reporting to senior management, etc.
- Work closely with the IT team to implement upgrades to our internal HR tools and systems
- Answer internal queries from employees regarding HR policies and procedures
- Provide guidance and training to employees on new HR processes and tools
- Support the annual performance management process
- Participate in creating or updating global HR policies and procedures
- Driving HR process improvements to ensure maximum efficiency of the HR team
- Taking the lead on new HR initiatives and global or regional HR projects
- Training new Junior HR Specialists
- Strong analytical skills to propose what if scenarios
- Advanced office application skills, especially in Microsoft Excel / G-suit
- Experience with HRIS & ticketing system
- Degree in Business Administration, HR or similar
- Extensive knowledge of core HR processes
- Fluent English. Other languages such as Bahasa, Thai and Mandarin are considered as a great asset
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while keeping attention to detail
- Strong drive, initiative, with an improvement-focused mindset
- Have good organisational and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.