At NIKE, our purpose guides our culture and strategy. It inspires us to think bigger and challenges us to work harder. Leading with purpose means always striving for better – whether it’s the role we play, the change we lead, or the future we shape.
In Responsible Supply Chain (RSC), we bring our purpose to life with a focus on people & planet through strategy & targets to help us achieve our vision. Our targets are aggressive, but achievable. We’re committed to clear action plans with clear goals, clear measures, and clear accountability. Above all, we’re committed to helping shape a better future, across our company and around the world.
We are transforming manufacturing with world-class standards that ensure our products are made responsibly and sustainably. Our progress depends on teamwork and end-to-end execution. Collective action will be our call-to-action, because we know we can’t do it alone.
Who We Are Looking For
We’re looking for a Senior Sustainability Consultant – HRM to be based in Vietnam. This role will deploy Nike’s RSC Human Resource management (HRM) strategies and initiatives created at Nike World Headquarters (WHQ) to factories of strategic manufacturing partners around the globe to ensure foundational expectations of HRM management systems, track and manage performance of factories and provide coaching to factory action planning, develop factories’ capabilities and support them to deploy and implement Nike’s HRM strategies and achieve Nike enterprise target for HRM. The candidate needs to have excellent communication skills across multiple stakeholders, proven ability to work cross-functionally, and the ability to influence across different cultures and leadership levels. Your success will depend on your ability to quickly form professional relationships with colleagues and then drive to rigorous, well-communicated deliverables.
What You Will Work On
In this role, your key roles are deploying Nike HRM strategy and key initiatives to factories at country level, engaging with relevant stakeholders in the country and region to drive programs, to support Nike and our suppliers to achieve our enterprise targets for HRM.
On a given day, you will
- Track and manage performance of in-scope factories in your region, validate relevant HR data and factories’ capability self assessment, review and provide coaching to factory action planning;
- Provide trainings and arrange capability events to build up and strengthen factories’ technical and broader HRM capabilities;
- Partner with factories to identify opportunities, drive continuous improvement and share best practices across factories and regions;
- Support factories to deploy and implement Nike’s HRM strategies, drive ownership of factory capability development, data management and achievement of performance targets;
- Be part of ONE GLOBAL HRM team to connect closely with the Nike global HRM team in regular meetings and collaboration sessions, contribute and provide feedbacks to shape a better strategy and process, as well as drive the consistency and alignment across regions;
- Collaborate with appropriate Nike designated third party and provide support as needed to deploy or pilot the programs in the factories
Who You Will Work With
- The position is located in Vietnam, reports to the Partner Responsibility Manager in Vietnam, and receives functional directions and instructions on HRM strategies and initiatives from RSC HRM Deployment Directors based in Singapore to cascade and deploy to the factories
- Work with factories to ensure the foundational expectations of HRM management systems and achieve Nike enterprise target of HRM
- Work with HRM global team to share practices and drive consistency and alignment
- Work with the appropriated Nike designed third party to provide support as needed to deploy the programs
- In your day to day you will also be actively working with the following key stakeholders: Nike partner managers, RSC consultants (Health & Safety, Waste & Water, Energy & Carbon, Compliance & risk), Government and Public Affair, legal, planning, engineering teams, relevant external stakeholders; and other related groups. WHAT YOU BRING
- University degree in Human Resource Management with excellent understanding on HRM system in the mantufactruing environment, especially footwear or apparel or sports goods manufacturing preferred
- At least 5 years of relevant hands on experience in sustainablity strategy deployment in labor, preferable in the areas of Gender Equity, Employee engagement and Strategic compensation
- Drive strategy deployment at factory level, ability to guide and coach factory, develop their capabilty and manage their performance in implementing strategies and initiatives
- Experience working in cross functional/cultural environment and ability to collaborate with key stakeholders to understand/identify requirements, drive knowledge into action, and support data driven decision making
- Strong relationship-building, facilitation, and influencing skills; ability to build trust among those with diverse personal styles; must be a team player and have sound judgment and analytical abilities
- Must have excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to travel