Mazars in Hong Kong
About the job
Why join us
You don’t join Mazars by coincidence, you choose Mazars: a global school of excellence where you will be challenged to develop and grow. Progression is tied to education, empowering you to match your career to your aspirations both within and outside our firm. We expect your contribution to what Mazars and our clients do next and reward your ingenuity. Come and write the rest of (y)our story with us – you’ll make friends along the way too. Mazars, the smart choice.
As the financial services consulting team in Hong Kong, we provide integrated solutions to financial institutions to help them anticipating change in a complex and volatile environment and meeting challenges of increasingly stringent regulations. We are currently looking for individuals with strong experience in the following sectors: banking and capital markets, asset management and insurance. Working with our financial services clients you will gain significant exposure to clients operating in complex environments. With the support of partners and directors, you will also be expected to undertake business development activities to raise awareness of both the firm internally and with external clients.
What You Can Expect
- Derive and drive services via various marketing and business development opportunities
- Identify current and emerging trends of regulatory requirements for the financial services sector in Hong Kong, Singapore, Mainland China and other Asian markets and global regulatory expectations
- Advise on regulatory matters such as client onboarding, KYC, AML, investor protection, governance, licensing, suitability, sales practices, new product processes, product development and diligence
- Advise on structure and function of roles and responsibilities and business models in financial institutions
- Review and identify weakness in the design of risk governance framework and control, provide advice and guidance on governance and control framework as well as optimisation of processes and controls to better help clients in managing their risks and addressing pain points
- Use of technology and data including FinTech and regtech innovation with respect to financial institutions to promote innovation and achieve regulatory compliance
- Support change management including the revision or formulation of new policies and controls aligned with regulatory requirements and regulators’ expectations
- Plan, execute and communicate with key management personnel and stakeholders of the financial institutions
- Support the revision or formulation of new policies and controls aligned with regulatory and compliance guidelines and requirements
- Develop consulting engagement plans and project approaches, analyse client’s current business processes and understanding the risk management environment for financial institutions
- Act as a team leader in supervising, coaching and developing junior team members
Who We Are Looking For
- University degree majoring in Accounting, Business or Legal, Information Systems or related subjects
- Minimum of 6-8 years of relevant experience with a reputable international accounting/consulting firm or multi-national financial services organisation
- Practical experience in any of the following: regulatory consulting, compliance, governance and internal controls, risk management, operational / technology risk management, business & system processes review, internal audit, and business consulting
- Practical experience in any of the following industries:
- Banking and capital markets (working knowledge on client on-boarding / KYC / AML / investment product suitability and other regulatory compliance, front office activities in products / sales channels, middle and/or back office control, operational / technology risk management – commercial banking, private banking, investment banking)
- Asset management (working knowledge on distribution channels, controls and processes – prime brokerage, fund administration, fund management (retail, institutional, and/or real estate / private equity, etc.)
- Insurance (working knowledge on underwriting, claims, reserving, Solvency II, policy administration systems – general or life insurance)
- Ability to identify and assess business process controls and linkage to IT systems
- Good understanding of banking products and trade life-cycle
- Good knowledge in banking and securities laws, rules and regulations and operations as well as different products and services offered by financial institutions
- Excellent communication skills in English and Chinese. Mandarin skill is a plus.
- Advanced report writing skills in English and Chinese, with the ability to create and organise varying forms of business information while developing it into cohesive, meaningful, professional reports and presentations
- Flexible, self-starter possessing intellectual curiosity
- Ability to interact with executive levels of clients’ and firm’s management
- Effective time and project management with excellent interpersonal and influencing skills are essential
- Flexibility to travel for overseas engagements.
- Candidates with less experiences will be considered as Senior. Interested parties with a professional qualification from other CPA firms are welcome to apply.
What We Offer
We recognise that rewards are important to you. On top of the basic salary you will be receiving, we offer a range of staff caring benefits and policies including medical and dental insurance, life insurance, a 5-day working week, discretionary performance bonus, birthday leave and marriage leave. Please apply with detailed resume, contact numbers, current salary, expected salary and availability in strict confidence.
All applications received will be used strictly for selection purpose only.