About the job
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works at remote.com/how-it-works ). We’re backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we’re all scattered around the world.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How We Work
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Senior Payroll Operations Manager, joining our Operations team. As a dynamic and energetic professional, the Senior Payroll Operations Manager, will own the planning, and implementation of our Payroll chapter.
You will be reporting to the Director of Payroll.
- Work experience in regional / global payroll operations.
- Understanding of global payroll best practices.
- You are passionate about managing people, and you don’t micromanage your reports.
- You are passionate about growth and make data-driven, well-informed decisions.
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, international work environment with a passion for making an impact.
- Is a productivity geek and will constantly think of ways to improve and speed up their work.
- You understand the need and ideal to work largely asynchronously .
- You will manage a number of Payroll Operations Managers and will provide them with guidance and mentorship.
- You will own the complete payroll function, ensuring payroll is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with country specific government regulations.
- Serve as a point of contact between internal and external stakeholders on all payroll related matters.
- Be up to date with various international payroll laws / regulations.
- Ensure compliance with all corporate and country-specific regulations, policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement best practices, key performance indicators and SLA metrics for the team.
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
- You’ll report to: Director of Payroll
- Team: Global Operations
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with VP of Payroll & Benefits
- Prior employment verification check(s)
- (async) Offer